Episode 42: Last Chance

LET'S CATCH YOU UP TO SPEED...

"I'm Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog, a student on my path toward becoming a pro hero! Last time, Eggman revealed his master plan; threatening the planet with a superweapon called the Eclipse Cannon. The guy blew up half the moon with that thing! We might have the last Chaos Drive, but we've got less than a day to make our way to the Space Colony ARK and take down Eggman and Shadow once and for all."

Sonic and the others have arrived on the ARK after a rigorous journey through space. Meanwhile, in the ARK Control Room, Eggman, Shadow and Rouge are tracking the heroes.

Dr. Eggman: Aha! It's just like you said! They're bringing the Chaos Drive right to my front door!

Rouge: Did you really doubt me, Doctor?

Dr. Eggman: Hold on... This is strange... it's showing energy readings from two separate Chaos Drives. Hehehe, those fools! Did they really think they could trick me with a fake?

Shadow: Hmph. I'll take care of it.

Shadow starts to leave, intending to stop Sonic and the others.

Dr. Eggman: Wait, Shadow! I'm the one who should be telling them the end is near, not you!

Shadow: Suit yourself.

Dr. Eggman: Now is the time to end this long-drawn-out battle, and mark myself a place in history as the ultimate genius! If something happens to me, I'm counting on you to finish the job! The moment for attack has come! It's now, or never!

Shadow: Very well.

Rouge: You can count on us, doc!

Eggman nods and leaves in the Egg Walker. Rouge starts to leave when Shadow stops her.

Shadow: Going somewhere?

Rouge: Oh, just one little loose end to tie up. Nothing for you to worry about anyway, Mr. Ultimate Lifeform.

Shadow just turns around and Rouge takes off into the colony, following her tracking device. Meanwhile in another part of the ARK - Cannon countdown: 2 hours 11 minutes...

Sonic: So this is the space colony Eggman's been hiding in.

Deku: This place looks deserted. Everything's all dusty.

Kaminari: I looked this place up. It was shut down about 50 years ago because of some terrible accident, but when it was operational, it was the most advanced research center of its kind, but looking at it now... 

Mina: Now it's an abandoned ARK, wouldn't you say?

Sonic: Okay, there's not much time left before Eggman fires that weapon again... We've got to hurry! Let's find the cannon and destroy it!

Kaminari: Yeah, gimme a sec! *typing on his computer in his Tornado* Alright here it is. Looks like the cannon was designed to be impenetrable from any outside attack. *shows a diagram of the ARK* So we'll destroy it from the inside!

Denki pulls out the fake drive.

Kaminari: We'll use this!

Mina: Isn't that the Chaos Drive thingy?

Deku: It looks like it doesn't it? But it's a fake Momo made for us. It's designed to reverse the energy field inside the other drives and blow up! Looks so real, even a machine can't tell the difference! I'll find the Ark's power supply and destroy it! Sonic, you find the control room, OK?