Chapter Twelve

Percy

About 8 hours later Percy noticed the sun shining through the window. It took a second for his eyes to adjust to the light as he opened the curtains. He took a long cold shower and got dressed. Valerie was waiting for him in the kitchen reading a book, and Audrey was eating a huge plate of breakfast.

"Morning" she said, her eyes were fixated on the book.

"Hey" Percy took a seat next to Audrey and saw was she was having; it looked like scallops but in a green soup. Percy didn't say anything about it, but apparently his face did, because Audrey glared back at him. "What" she huffed.

"Nothing"

Valerie laughed, "He only eats muggle food."

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah" Percy said.

"Well have you ever tried our food?"

"No"

"Try it"

"No" Percy gagged

Audrey rolled her eyes and continued eating, Percy stared at her in awe, no matter how hungry he was he would rather starve than eat that. "Talking about muggle food, I made you this" Valerie said, she sat down a plate with chocolate chip pancakes.

Audrey let out a huge sigh "You should've told me you were making pancakes"

"I wasn't but Percy hasn't eaten anything so I felt bad"

"You really didn't have to do this" Percy urged.

"I don't mind" Valerie smiled and left the room, taking the book that she was reading with her.

"Her pancakes are the best" Audrey effused. Percy took a bite out of one and understood. He didn't know if it was because this was the first time he ate in weeks but those were definitely the best pancakes he had ever had.

Valerie's three brothers; Micah, Myles and Malik entered the kitchen through the garden doors, dragging mud to the floors as they walked.

"What the hell do you guys think you're doing?!" Audrey yelled. They sat down on the chairs and laughed. "It's not funny you have to clean that up"

"We will clean it up later"

"Yeah sure like you cleaned up the living room when you decided painting on the walls was a hobby"

"I'm a very artistic person" Micah said.

"Oh I'm sure you are" she rolled her eyes. The three boys began to eat their breakfast quickly. Audrey stared at them warily, like she was waiting for them to do something. She turned around and looked at Percy.

"Are you going to the golf play?" she asked Percy, who was already done eating down the pancakes.

"What's that?"

"It's just kind of a gathering where people play golf. I don't play I just sit down in one of the benches and trash talk my entire family, but you can join me."

"Yeah sure"

"Alright" she said, standing up from her seat. "I assume you don't have anything to wear but don't worry leave that to me"

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" he asked. The triplets laughed at him gingerly. Audrey looked at him like he was demented, "Percy you are wearing black jeans and orange t shirt, which is totally not your color by the way but that's not even the point you can't show up like that. I'll leave some clothes up in your room." She smiled as she left. "She does know her fashion," said Myles.