CHAPTER 9

'Well, I guess I can settle it with mom later,' I thought once again as I strided towards the field.

--------------------

"The fight for fame and recognition held every year, the Football Frontier Nationals Tournament! The Frontier is awaiting its first match!," the commentator started.

With that, the referee blew the whistle that started the kickoff led by Raimon. The match then proceeded as it would but the momentum was suddenly shifted to Sengoku Igajima. One of their players seemed to have stolen the ball and was now running towards the Raimon goal. Using their so-called ninjutsus, they passed over Raimon's defense easily.

However, when they reached Raimon's goal, they simply kicked the ball like it was nothing and was stopped by Endou easily. This seemed to have confused Endou for a second as he saw the ninjutsu that have seemed to behold in front of him.

It was now Raimon's turn to turn the tables and was now striding towards the other side's goal.

"Igajima style soccer formation, Crane Wing Formation!," one of their players exclaimed and was followed with a, "Acknowledged. Hurricane surge waves!."

With that, they quickly went in front of Handa and some went to block Gouenji.

"This is Igajima's formation. Handa and Gouenji are surrounded in a split moment!," the commentator observed.

'Yes, we already see that,' I helplessly thought.

"Gouenji, take it!," Handa said to Gouenji as he passed him the ball. With that, two of the Sengoku Igajima defense players went to formation and exclaimed, "Igajima style ninja arts, Shikofumi!." The two, Gouenji and Handa, was blown away by the pressure of this hissatsu - no scratch that, it's ninjutsu.

As the match proceeded, the Raimon strikers still went and tried to score as much as possible. They then tried to score using Dragon Crash but was stopped by Igajima Sengoku's goalkeeper.

"Igajima style ninja arts, Tsumuji technique!," was what stopped their hissatsu. It was now Igajima Snegoku's turn to score for a goal.

"Igajima style ninja arts, Bunshin Feint!," a player friom their team said as they passed Domon. This went on and on until they tried to shoot with their captain's hissatsu shoot.

"Igajima style ninja arts, Tsuchidaruma!," their captain shouted. Endou tried to stop their shoot with his Nekketsu Punch but failed to do so, making the opposing team score a goal.

"Sengoku Igajima gets the leading point!," the commentator announced.

A few minutes has passed, the ball was currently in Sengoku Igajima's possession. As they flawlessly passed through Raimon's defense, Kabeyama suddenly stopped their tracks with his very own hissatsu defense, 'The Wall.'

'Finally!,' I thought.

With this, the ball bounced back but was caught by Kirigakure, Sengoku Igajima's captain, again. He then tried shoot with Tsuchidaruma but was stopped with Endou's God Hand and Kazemaru's save, which seemed to have caught the commentator's attention.

"My goodness, Kazemaru ran to the goal like the wind and stopped the ball!," the commentator announced.

This seemed to have pumped up Kazemaru's spirits as he flawlessly went pass through the opposing team's defense. And with the help of Gouenji, they shot a goal with their newly formed Honoo no Kazamidori, tie-ing the scores up.

For the last few seconds, Raimon shot a goal once again with Gouenji's Fire Tornado. After that, the whistle blew indicating the end of the match, with a score of 2 to 1.