Chapter 2 Coincidences

2 weeks later
Zuko pov
It's been 2 weeks since my first day. I did make the waterpolo team, I have no idea how because I'm not that good. I also have to see Sokka extra now. And for some reason even though I've seen him shirtless a ton now it still makes me turn red and its so annoying. Plus people have started bothering me even more. Instead of making their little comments and speculations about behind my back the do it to my face. Some kids are even picking on me and i do my best to ignore it but its getting very tedious. I at least have a partial escape from it, working at the jasmine dragon. New customers will still make little remarks but the regulars know better. I've noticed that once a week a girl who looks exactly like Sokka, a little bald kid, and a blind girl all come in. Usually their table is loud and full of laughter. Sometimes it makes me long for such friendship but it's only little while before senior year is over so there is no point in making connections. I sigh as I'm wiping down a booth and then he walks in.

Sokka pov
I'm trying to figure out a plan to get Suki back but I can't think of anything. Maybe getting a job so she doesn't think I'm a useless waste of space? The other day when I was here with the gAang i saw an employee's wanted poster with a phone number. I texted and it was some guy named Iroh. He was a chill old dude with a tea obsession. Today was my interview and I walked in as was met with a surprised Zuki, Zuka, zuk-ZUKO that's his name. I didn't even notice he worked here. I feel a little bad I haven't noticed him working here, i do come here at least once a week maybe more if some of my teammates want to do a tea night to calm ourselves before a game. I then walk over to Zuko.
"Why are you here?"
"Hi is Iroh here?"
We speak at the same time.
"You go first"
We say in sync again.
"Jinx, you owe me a tea"
I make a little joke. He seems unamused.
"I'm here for a job interview, is Iroh here?"
"In the back room"
He says coldly pointing to the back. Even though he's on the team, and I have a a few classes with in one of them I literally sit next to him and yet the only thing I know about him his what he looks like and what his name is. I walk to the back and see the old guy boiling water. It's funny I hate tea and I'm trying work at a tea shop. I'm mostly trying to work here since I live near by and I get the gAang discounts, and I love the boba here.
"Hi I'm Sokka we spoke in the phone I'm here for my interview"
"Oh yes Sokka, please call me Uncle Iroh"
"Okay, Uncle Iroh"
"Now uhh why do you want this job"
To prove I'm not a waste of space to the girl who broke my heart. And money.
"I need some money and something else to put on my college resume"
"Honest, I appreciate that"
I smile nervously. The interview goes on with more basic questions and and the end he says I'm hired and that my training starts tomorrow.
"My nephew Zuko will train you"
Now I know 2 things about him, his name and his uncle.

Today is my first day the jasmine dragon. It's a Saturday morning and I'm tired from a party last night. I also have a bit of a hang over and a few missed calls from Suki, no doubt they were her complaining about me drunk calling her. Ugh I'm pathetic why cant I just get over her. I walk in the jasmine dragon and I see a stone faced Zuko there holding an apron.
"Hi, sorry I'm a little late, I'm hung ov-uhh, traffic"
My voice cracks when I see him raise an eyebrow with cold expression on his face.
"Put this on I'll go get your name tag"
He shoves the apron against my chest then heads to the back. Once he gets back he hands me a name tag that reads Sokko.
"sokko?"
"What do you have problem with that"
He asks with a little smirk on his lips. Must be revenge for Zorki. I'll bite.
"Nope no problem with that Zorki"
His face turns dark but not a mean or an angry dark. More of a playful dark. He's never shown this side before and it's kinda hot. But I'm still into Suki.
"Anyways come on Sokko, we have things to do"
"Fine Zorki"

A couple hours pass of Zuko perfectly executing a task then me fucking it up, then him showing me how to do it again and so on and so forth. He was still a cold but I could tell he was warming up to me. At least I thought he was. I'm sure he was still annoyed with my stupid jokes. And how almost any teenager who came in recognized me and I'd talk to them for a little and he'd have to drag me back. Over all it was a fun first day of work and I was glad it was over. At the end of the day I was pooped.

Zuko pov
At first I was a little dumbfounded when I found out this guy I strongly dislike and is pretty annoying was gonna be my traine and working here. He wasn't the greatest and he'd get easily distracted by customers but he did better than I did. I burned Uncles hand(not severely) with a pot by accident and broke a few cups my first day. Sokka looked like he was ready to fall asleep right then and there after his shift finished. I cleaned up the shop and let Sokka leave early. After that I went home and Uncle was there waiting for me with some spicy ramen.
"So how did the new boy do"
"He did okay"
"Any broken tea pots"
Uncle giggled remembering my first day. I giggled too and felt a little bad for breaking them even now after months have passed.
"He is a nice boy, yes? He seems to be a people person and very light hearted"
"Yeah I had to drag him from customers"
I laugh a little and Uncle does too.
After cleaning up I head to bed. I lay awake staring at the ceiling and I can't get Sokka out of my head. The stupid grin he has when he says Zorki, and when I call him Sokko. I brush it off though because it's just coworker banter. Right? Right.