Chapter one

"Help! Someone." I was just getting to my jeep when I heard someone yelling for help. "Don't get involved Jaxx." I said to myself. "Please! God damn it! ahhhh fuck!" "Fuck it. Just this once. Stay Harley." I locked my dog in my car and dodged walkers as I ran toward what I thought was the building the yelling was coming from. I searched for about ten minutes killing a few walkers until I got to the roof. "Damn." I could clearly see a man handcuffed to a pipe on the roof next to the roof I was on. "Hold off on that yelling you're attracting walkers" I said to him. "Oh shit. Princess get over here an help me out will ye. I was just about te cut my damned hand off." "Well just let me spiderman my way over there big guy. " I flicked my wrist up, "aw shit out of web." The man started to chuckle. "Quit fucking around an figure out a way over here. There's a shit storm of walkers behind the door." I smirked and looked around for some thing to help me over.

I found a big piece of wood just long enough to lay across the gap. I carefully made my way over the board and pulled out my lock pick kit. "Well ain't it my lucky day. I meet a pretty girl who got a lock pick kit." I tried to turn his wrist to get to the key hole but every angle was awkward but one. " I have to sit on you to get this just right ok?" He laughed even harder. "I just keep gettin luckier. Go ahead and sit princess." I sat and began to pick the cuff on his wrist when I changed my mind and went for the one attached to the pipe. "I may need these later." I stated as I turned to look at the man. "Sure we could both use em later after ye getme the hell off this pipe, if ye catch my drift." He laughed again and grabbed my hip with his free hand. "You know I could just leave you up here to cut your hand off. Or I could just cut them both off." He removed his hand.

I finally got the cuff off just as walkers broke through the door. "Oh shit. Run." I whispered. We both scrambled to our feet and ran for the makeshift bridge. "Ladies first." He urged. I stepped across and jumped and he was hot on my tail. As he stepped down he pulled the board and let it drop to the ground. "No lunch today you ugly sons a bitches!" He laughed flipping the walkers off as they fell to the ground one by one trying to get to us.

"Name's Merle Dixon" he said turning to me. I held out my hand. "Jaxx." He shook my hand. "Mind gettin this cuff of my wrist princess?" I removed the handcuff and put it in my pack. Walking over to the ledge I looked down at the street filled with walkers and noticed a herd was starting to pass, a big herd. "Well we may have to wait awhile Merle." I shrugged. He peered down too and whistled. "We could make use of them handcuffs princess." He smirked at me. "Sure just get over there to that pipe and I'll cuff you back up." "Nah I think I'm good for now. Later though when we get back te camp..." "Whoa whoa whoa. We? Who said I was taking you to your camp. I saved your ass isn't that good enough?"

He looked shocked "Well how do you expect me to get back? Walk? Its almost a two hour drive. I'd be walkin all night." I shook my head. "Not my problem. I still need to get gas for my jeep. I can't be driving around. I'm no taxi service Merle." He thought for a minute. "I'll pay you." "And how will you do that?" " I got food, water, I can cyphon you some gas.plus I'm good company. I'm sure my group would pay you for bringing a valuable member back." I laughed "and who may I ask handcuffed you to the pipe anyway Mr. Valuable?" "Some people from my group, bit it was a misunderstanding." He tried to reassure me. "Fine. But you promise I'll get payed." He put his hand on his heart. "I promise."

I was skeptical. "We leave the building when the herd passes. My jeep is around that building across the street in an alley." I pointed "a black jeep Cherokee with a border collie mutt inside. We stick together." I picked up my crossbow and arrows. "Got any weapons on you Merle?" He held his hands out. "Weapon free princess." I handed him a hunting knife. "Don't lose it and give it back when we're in the jeep." He agreed and took the knife flippingbit around and testing it. "Nice knife. You hunt?" I smirked. "Don't we all now?"