Extended Summary

SUCCESSFULLY NAVIGATING London's social season was no easy accomplishment. Even for the young ladies who have been trained their entire lives on how to conduct themselves at the plethora of summer balls and soirées that would soon follow, nerves were high. Although the glitz, glamor, and scandals could often steal the show it wasn't forgotten that the primary purpose for the season was to secure the best match possible.

Among the fairly large group of debutants who would shortly be introduced into society for the first time was Emma Dawson. Her parents the Duke and Duchess of Blackstow held quite the upstanding reputation among their peers. They often threw lush and lavish parties with very exclusive guest lists, but countered their exuberance by being equally as charitable.

Her family's impeccable social status and surplus of wealth made her a desirable potential match for many young (and old) men. Unable to spend time away from managing their estate the Duke and Dutchess called upon their good friend Violet Bridgerton to serve as Emma's sponsor during her social season. Lady Bridgeton happily obliged seeing as her own daughter wouldn't make her own debut until the following year.

Emma quickly secured the title as that year's diamond, charming the queen with her grace and beauty. As result an impressive line of callers overflowed out the doors of the Bridgerton estate. Each one doting presents or flowers in hopes of making their impressions. As the summer rolled by she met with countless Lords, Viscounts, and Dukes. Yet slowly dismissed them one after the next, claiming they each fell short of expectations in some way or another. It became very apparent to London by the end of the season that Emma Dawson had no intention of marrying that year.

In all honesty she felt herself too young to be permanently committed to just any man who came to call on her. She wasn't closed to the idea of marriage with the right man, but as far as she was concerned that man was not in London. They were all overly concerned in her breeding, her money, or her breasts. She ached for a stimulating conversation, a man who would gaze at her with fiery passion and easily match her whit with his own. Flattery was nice but it didn't impress her, she wanted more. The social uproar that she had induced among the rest of the aristocracy as they watched her reject every single male suitor was just a mere accident.

Unbeknownst to her, Anthony, Lady Bridgerton's eldest son had also noticed her antics. Although he would never admit it to her, because there were sides to Emma Dawson that he found unbelievably irrational, she had gained his respect.

Furthermore she had obtained his attention, and it frustrated him to no end.

DATE PUBLISHED: 04/04/2022

a/n: all rights not mine accept the oc obviously:)
so excited to start this new project, the viscount has completely stole my heart so i can't wait to create a perfectly fiery counterpart