7 - Snack Break

As Todoroki rushed to get to his raid battle early, Momo and Jiro were taking a break.

"Oh look there's a Lugia raid a way away from here in twenty-two minutes. We should go," said Momo.

"Yea good idea!" replied Jiro.

"Let's take a breather first though. I brought snacks!" said Momo.

"Okay," Jiro agreed.

The girls found a shady spot off to the side by a planter and sat on the cool concrete edge. Momo pulled a thermos and a wrapped package out of her backpack. She unwrapped the paper to reveal four cucumber sandwich halves. She handed one to Jiro.

"Ooo thanks!" said Jiro, "When did you have time this morning to make these YaoMomo?"

"I have my ways," said Momo, "There's always time when it comes to being prepared."

She took a sip from the thermos and handed it to Jiro. She took a drink. It was filled with hot tea. It felt nice on her throat after her shouting at the gym match. Momo took a bite of her sandwich.

"National Park hour is starting," she commented.

"Ooo yea. It's probably time for a new incense soon."

Momo nodded. Jiro giggled.

"You're eating your hair YaoMomo."

"Mmm?" came Momo's reply, her mouth full of sandwich.

Jiro reached out and pulled Momo's hair back, getting the ends out of her mouth, and tucked it behind her ear. Then, deciding that her grooming was not quite done yet, she pushed the rest of her sandwich into her mouth and scooted closer to her girlfriend, taking off Momo's hat and smoothing down her hair. She slid her fingers into her hair and began brushing it out gently. Momo smiled and leaned against Jiro as she worked.

"Your hair is so nice YaoMomo," said Jiro, "but it sure is wild."

"Well you encouraged me to wear it down. You said it looked pretty."

"It does. You have beautiful hair. It's just hard to tame," Jiro said as she brushed.

A minute later Jiro finished her brushing and tucked Momo's hair behind her ears again, then she put her hat back on.

"There," she said, leaning back to inspect her work and smiling.

Momo smiled back and leaned in to kiss her. Jiro kissed back. There they were, sitting on the planter, kissing on the side of the busy city street like they didn't have a care in the world. Then, a buzzing watch broke them out of their moment.

Jiro looked down at her band.

"Oh no!" she cried, "the Lugia raid begins in ten minutes! We still have to get there if we wanna join!"

"Well let's go then!" came Momo's quick reply.

The girls quickly polished off their snack, and then, reinvigorated and smiling, they got up to go.

And then, "Wait!" from Momo.

Jiro turned around. Momo grinned.

"Kiss before we go."

She held out her arms. Jiro leaned against her for one last kiss.

Then they were on their way. On their way to victory over the Raid Boss.

OMG thanks so much for 250 reads you guys! It really means a lot. I hope you're enjoying the story. <3