Crumbling View of the World

The figure walked into the room and smiled. Zoey Lacked understanding on who this man was but Jake seemed to know who he was. Jake stared at the man with an unbelieving face. He looked at Jake and smiled again. "Its been a long time, Jake." He broke the silence with a simple statement. Jake suddenly wore a look of rage. "What do you want?" He retorted. The man chuckled. "Oh, well im here to help your friend. Drew, was it?" He questioned. Jake was shocked. "You dont touch him." Jake stood up and glared directly at the man.  Zoey still didn't know who the man was but could tell that he was bad new's. The man's smile vanished. "I thought you would be more excited to see me, Jake." He replied solemnly. Zoey had never seen Jake as angry as he was now. "YOU ABANDONED ME WHEN I NEEDED YOU MOST!" He screamed at the man with such rage that made Zoey back up. The man took a step forward. "Whatever i did, im still your father, Jake." He told him with an annoyed look. Zoey now stared at this stranger with shock. "Your Jake's father?" She asked him. He looked over at her, seemingly haven forgotten she was there. "Why yes i am, dear." He said to her calmly with a smile. Jake looked at him with hatred. "Your not going to touch Drew." He said with a tone that said this wasn't up for debate. His Father sighed with frustration. "Jake, if i don't help him, he will die." He told Jake. Jake's expression shifted as he looked at Drew, and back at his father. Jake sighed. "Fine. But i'm going with you." He answered. Jake's father smiled. "I knew you'd come around." He walked over to Drew and knelt down next to him. He took out a machine that Jake didn't recognise and instantly got defensive. "What is that?" He asked sharply. Jake's father explained without looking away. "Its a machine that will tell me where the paralysis is located in the spine. Whether its the whole spine or a certain section." Jake relaxed just a bit. The machine flashed a red light to Jake's confusion. "Perfect." Jake's dad explained. He took out a syringe and injected Drew with something. Drew's muscles instantly relaxed, having been tensed the whole time. "What did you do to him?" Jake asked with worry. "I Knocked him out." Replied Jake's dad Calmly. Jake was shocked. "Why would you do that?" Jake's father looked at him. "So i can take him to a lab." Jake's expression turned to rage once again as he tackled his father, not giving him time to react. "YOUR NOT GOING TO DO YOUR WEIRD TESTS ON DREW!" He Shouted as His father Struggled underneath him. Jake suddenly felt relaxed and tired. He looked down and saw he had been hit with the same injection as Drew. He gave his father one last look, and passed out. His father pushed him off and stood up. He looked to Zoey and saw her standing on the other side of the room, covering her mouth with a look of fear on her face. "Don't tell anyone what you saw here." He told her with a serious look. the kind looking man seemed to have been a cover because he didn't look anything like he did before. Zoey nodded her head and took another step back. He picked up Drew and took one last look at Jake, lying on the floor unconscious, before walking out of the room. As soon as he left, Zoey ran over to Jake and tried to shake him awake to no avail. She started panicking as she realised that the man was probably already out of the building. She heard the door open and looked up to see Zander and Hailey walking into the room. They stopped when they saw Zoey kneeling on the ground next to a seemingly unconscious Jake, Hailey got angry. "What did you do to him?" She asked while approaching her. Zoey stood up and stared at her with confused and scared eye's. "Hailey, Someone came in here and did something to Jake. They took Drew somewhere as well." She said frantically. Hailey paused for a second, and then said. "Why should i believe you?" She stared at Zoey with anger. "Hailey, That doesn't matter. whatever happened, this idiot is still on the floor." Zander called out to her. She sighed and came back over to Jake. She knelt next to him and look at him. she could see he had a needle in his leg and she pulled it out to exam it. "I have no idea what this could be." She said, staring into the capsule. "Lets bring it to our chemistry teacher." Suggested Zander. Hailey nodded and looked at Zoey. "You gonna come with us or are you gonna stand there doing nothing?" She asked. Zoey, a little surprised by this question, answered. "Ill come with you i guess." Hailey stood up and they walked out of the room. "Should we really leave Jake just lying there?" Hailey asked Zander. "He will be fine." Zander replied with an obvious lack of concern. Hailey sighed. "Alright." She glanced over her shoulder at Zoey who was following behind them. She seemed scared of something. Was she scared of whoever did that to Jake? Hailey shook her head and looked ahead as she walked, ignoring Zoey. They approached the door for their chemistry classroom and walked inside. Their teacher was sitting at their computer and looked up when she heard the door. "Hailey, Zander, Is there something i can help you with?" She asked with a smile. They walked over to her. "We were wondering if you could tell us what this substance was." Hailey told her and handed her the syringe. She took it and examined it for a few seconds before. "It's just a basic sedative. where did you get it?" She asked, slightly confused. Hailey didn't know what to tell her. They couldn't just say that someone used it on a student and left the school. "I just found it on the ground somewhere, thats all." The teacher looked at her, now even more confused, then put the syringe into a bag. "Go throw this away. its too dangerous." She asked politely. Hailey nodded, took it and left with Zander. When they walked out the door, they looked around for Zoey but she was no where to be seen. They head someone running and turned around. They were shocked to see Jake running directly towards them looks terrified. "JAKE! What happened?" Hailey asked him as he stopped himself in front of them. He was panting from the run here. He waited a moment to catch his breath, and then swallowed. "M-My father, Took Drew somewhere." He managed to get out before nearly collapsing from exhaustion. Hailey and Zander looked at each other in shock as Jake standing nearby falls to the flower, once again unconscious.