Chapter Fifteen

SHE WAS TIRED. But despite being tired and somewhat embarrassed by the betrayal of her own thoughts, Astra was still thinking about their kiss.

It was unexpected, odd, and warm at the same time. It pushed every negative thought out of her mind in that moment, and after that, she felt safer.

Astra woke the next morning with Sam beneath her body. They had fallen asleep after their lengthy make-out session, which lead Sam pinned beneath the woman.

Sitting up slowly, she stopped as Sam woke. He opened his eyes and looked up at her, rubbing her arms soothingly.

"Hey," he said, inhaling. "Did you get some sleep?"
"Yeah, not that you could say the same. Pinned beneath me."

Sam chuckled. "You're a nice blanket."

She sat up, smiling idiotically as she slid off of him. She stretched her arms and legs as Sam got up, glancing down at his watch.

"Already ten?"

"Do you have any plans?" Astra asked.
"No, unless you want to do something."

She turned around and faced him before positioning herself to stand between his legs. Sam tilted his head back, placing his hands on her waist.

"I could think of one thing, but I'm not sure if I'm really good at it."

Laughing, Sam pulled her close and kissed her hard. Their lips moved as Astra wound her arm around his neck, her tongue tracing his lower lip. Sam shifted beneath her as he felt himself throb, causing him to pull her closer. Astra giggled as she fell on him, but he held her there.

"You're good," he said between kisses. "You're really good."

Miracle rushed into the room and barked as he walked towards the door. Astra stood up and Sam yawned.

"All right, buddy. Let me get dressed and we can go on a walk."

Astra smiled as she walked towards the bathroom. "I'm gonna take a shower."

"Okay, I won't be gone for long."

Astra stood in the shower and massaged herself as she allowed the hot water to hit her muscles. She relaxed as she scrubbed her skin with her vanilla body wash, watching as the soap suds disappeared down the drain.

After showering, she dried off and changed into her clothes. When she walked out to the living-room, she noticed Sam on the phone.

"Yeah. Thanks, Bobby."

He hung up and looked at Astra. "Hey."
"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Uh, Bobby found something here in Kansas, a vampire nest. I guess him, Jody, Donna and the girls are headed here to town."

She sat at the island. "Are you going to go?"
Sam shook his head. "No, they've got plenty of people. They can handle it without me."

Astra shook her head. "Sam, they need you. There could be dozens, and they'll need more people."

"They know what they're doing, they've done it as many times as I have. If they really need me, they'll tell me." 

There was something else that was bothering Sam. Astra walked towards him, looking up at him. Sam avoided her eyes for a split second; until he found himself looking down at her.

"I won't push you into talking about it, but if you want to, you know I'm here to listen." Astra told him.

Smiling, Sam reached out and tucked her hair behind her ears. "I know you are. But I'm fine. Really."

Astra closed her eyes as Sam leaned down and kissed her softly. As their lips disconnected, she opened her eyes.

"What's on the agenda?" Sam asked her, his voice quiet.

"Can you tell me about your tattoo?"

Sam shrugged. "It's an anti-possession symbol. Dean and I got it a while back."

"To keep from being possessed?"
"Yeah. Why?"

Astra shrugged. "Shouldn't I get one, too? I mean, what if I end up possessed or something?"

Sam scoffed. "That's highly unlikely, and—"
"Still possible." She clarified. "I think it would be nice to have."

The man didn't see how he could change her mind, because she was already persuading him. He believed it would never happen, but there was no reason to be safe.

"All right, uh, there's a tattoo parlor just into town. We can head over there and see if he's got an open spot."

Sam grabbed the keys and the two headed outside. Astra waited at the Impala, looking around at the street. She took notice of other people on the street, living their lives, and eventually she noticed a woman; watching Astra.

The woman was beautiful. She had beautiful skin, a tad darker than Astra's. Her black hair fell in luscious curls, falling just past her breasts. She wore a gold dress with a trench coat over it, with her hands stuffed in the pockets.

Her eyes were focused only on Astra, and she stared at the woman intently. Her face remained soft and her eyes were light, a look of concern flashed over her features.

"Astra?"

Astra turned her head and looked over at Sam, who was on the opposite side of the Impala. When she looked back, the woman was gone.

"Sorry, I thought I saw someone."

Without another thought, Astra climbed into the Impala as the engine revved alive.

"So, have you ever been possessed?"

They were at the tattoo parlor waiting to be seen. Sam had a paper in his hand of the same anti-possession symbol he had on his chest.

"Uh, sort of." Sam chuckled. "I had demon blood in me for a long time. I guess you can say I became as bad as them at one point."

"Do you think it could happen to me? Say I wasn't getting this tattoo?"

Sam shrugged. "It's a possibility, but a rare one."
"How is it rare?"
He looked down at her, in aww by her beautiful being. "Cause I'd do anything for you to keep that from happening to you."

Astra smiled. "You can't protect me forever. I can protect you."

"I know that, and you have before, remember, Richard? If you hadn't channeled the last of your power, I don't think I'd be standing here right now."

She didn't even want to think about her life without Sam. In her few months as a human being— left with nothing; Sam was the only thing she had.

"I wasn't going to let him hurt you." She told old Sam. "And I really didn't know if I had any power left, but I saw you on the floor and I started. . . Begging for it. And then it just came to me. I don't really remember anything after I felt my power surge inside of me."

"It possessed you in a way." He said. "But it ran out, but you saved me."

Astra smiled wholeheartedly.

The tattoo artist walked out from the back, clapping her hands together. "All right, who am I tatting?"

"Me." Astra said, standing to her feet. Sam followed, handing the woman the paper.

"Wow, that's uh. . . That's different." She said, looking up at Sam. Sam chuckled as he cleared his throat.

"Yeah, it's a family thing, actually." Sam said, pulling his shirt collar below his tattoo. She rose a brow.

"Cool. All right, let's get started!"