#27: ᴛʜᴇ ʟ ᴡᴏʀᴅ

It felt like it went on for hours, for years, for months, forever. In reality, it probably lasted a solid thirty seconds, because neither of us could break away before the other. And I didn't want to. 

Returning to a safe place, a safe place that happened to be Eddie's lips, it felt like I was entering a dream world that I never wanted to wake up from. For someone who was hell of a virgin, Eddie kissed like a whore.

My chest heaved and my breathing had quickened with every passing and blinding moment where Eddie shifted the position of his lips. They were so soft and professional and slow, and everything seemed to be passing by in strobe lights. None of this was real, it couldn't have been. But kissing Eddie Kaspbrak was the equivalent of being pinched awake from a dream. Only, it was better. Much better.

Unfortunately, Eddie eventually separated our lips, drawing his head back slowly with his eyes half-massed, taking in the moment. His eyelids fluttered momentarily as he processed the situation, his entire face red and slightly sweaty.

I spoke first, because I was the trash mouth, and naturally, I had a lot to say. "Jesus fuck, Eds," I whispered, almost touching our foreheads together in the need to be closer to him. "Just, h-holy shit-"

He maintained our eye contact, his chest moving up and down quickly under his clothing. His eyes flickered back and forth between my eyes and my lips, which almost made me want to kiss him again. "I know, I know..."

I was trembling so hard, and Eddie took my hand to suppress the shaking. It made me flinch a little at first, but after our reconnected eye contact, it felt just like home. I couldn't help but smile nervously, my cheeks rosy and warm. "If Patrick s-saw us, I-"

Eddie affectionately placed a finger over my lips, as if hearing the name made him worry. "He didn't, okay? He never will. It's alright. If you're really worried about it, we can kick open a window in the bathroom and sneak back inside the school."

I picked at the ground, still dazed from every past event that was rushing in my head. "I never thought this night would ever arrive, I'm gonna be completely fucking honest. But I don't want it to end like this. I think we should go back to the gym and dance."

Eddie fell silent as if he understood where I was coming from. "I feel like risking it would be stupid, though, Rich.. and you're hurt real bad.." he gently placed his hand on the handle of the blade, and I shifted back a bit uncomfortably. He looked up in alarm, stroking his thumb soothingly over my hand. "It's okay."

I relaxed, my eyes wide and content.

"On the count of three, I'm gonna pull this shit out, okay? It's not healthy to keep it in," Eddie bounced his foot anxiously as he met my eyes, waiting for a cue to remove the knife from the surface of my side. "Count of three, okay?"

I played with my fingers, shaking from overstimulation, nerves, and pain. "How about five?"

"No, dumbass, three."

"Alright, alright, three.."

He took a deep breath, concentrating. "One.."

I looked up and back down occasionally, trying to bite back any noises of pain that I'd end up releasing if Eddie continued to hold the knife.

"Two.."

I felt the knife loosen a bit and move within the surfacing skin, and I quickly bit down on my knuckle, my heart beating harder and faster. "T-two-"

Eddie bit the corner of his lip in slight concern as he winced and gently pulled the knife from where it was, immediately holding his hand to the wound, as if assuming it would start leaking blood. I let out a soft cry of pain, my legs kicking momentarily. "Fuck-"