Before the birthday

I woke up covered in sweat, I must've had one of thoes dreams I thought to myself.

Yawning while getting out of bed "what time is it" I muttered underneath my breath rubbing my eyes.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time. "Damn it i overslept". Nearly tripping over myself I managed to get up and start getting dressed. I threw on a blank blue tee-shirt and some jeans. This will do not like I have anything important today.

From Down stairs I heard my mom yell to me "Sweetheart you need to get going before the bus gets here." "IM COMING MOM" I yelled back.

Fumbling down the stairs I grabbed my backpack."Bye love you mom" I didn't hear my moms response being I slammed the door and was already walking to the bus stop.

"Soooo what are you gonna use for your wishes tomorrow" I merrily left my body when I heard that from behind me. "Oh hey Margo." Margo was like a brother to me we did everything together. Our moms had been friends since childhood so it was only common we also became friends. Margo threw his arm around me and smiled. His longish brown hair shimmering in the sun. I looked like a hobo standing next to Margo.

"I remember when I got my wishes" he chuckled

"Yea and you used them on idiotic stuff" I rolled my eyes and pushed his arm off of me. " I don't really know what I will use them for if I'm being honest"

He had asked a good question, I was turning 17 tomorrow and I still had no idea what I was gonna do with my wishes. Soon the bus arrived and we got on. It loo like every girl on that bus was starring into my eyes with hated or drooling over Margo.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. What even do they see in him all they like him for is his looks nothing more. Me and Margo sat down In our seat and the bus took off. "Hey grace just tomorrow don't become selfish with your wishes they could have major consequences. "Yeah yeah I know I'm not 5"

The bus shortly arrived at school and a crowd of teenagers rushed in. Margo waved bye to me and went to his class. My first period was math nothing to be exited about but it really didn't matter. I was ok at math so the class was never really hard.

"Does anyone know the answer to number 7? The whole class stayed quiet whenever the teacher asked a question. I played with my wavy black hair it seemed the whole class period before it ended.

DING DING DING the bell rang. Finally class is over it took decades today. Before I went to my other class I stopped at the restroom.

The cold water ran over my hands it felt so good for no reason when the cold water hit. I splashed some
On my face and was on my way out.

"Well well if it isn't Little miss perfect" a voice growled at me. I rolled my eyes. "What do you want Stacy?" I backed up further into the bathroom. Stacy and her little minions basically ran this school everyone was scared of her even the teachers.

Her little minions got closer to me as I backed up. I soon ran into the wall. " grace if you would just stop hanging around my boyfriend and started being a no one like you were born to do I would leave you alone. But you just have to go around and act like he's your best friend" so that's why she hated me? Because me and Margo are friends, I really wished Margo would just break up with her. Stacy's little minions grabbed my arms so tight I thought I lost circulation to them.

"You hair would look a lot better if it was shorter don't ya think?" I knew were this was going my heart dropped all the way down. "Stacy please just leave me alone me and Margo are just friends I swear." My heart was beating so fast I thought it was bound to bounce out of my chest. Stacy reached in her back pocket and grabbed her pocket knife.

I was really trying to get away now but anytime I moved they would grab me tighter. Stacy grabbed my hair and the my head into her knee. My vision was blurry. My ears were ringing. Could I go if I tried? No.. i can't not in this state. I rubbed my eyes and there was a thick red liquid under me. Before I could catch my breath Stacy threw my head into the ground. I felt pulling on my hair but I couldn't care i was to tired to.

I blinked a couple times.. I had passed out? I guess when they hit my head I must've had enough. I looked around and all over the floor was thick black hair and dried up blood. My eyes had went foggy. I was crying they had cut my hair and left me here. Somehow I managed to get up and look I the mirror. My hair was cute short to my shoulders and I had cuts all over me.

No point to whine about it now I thought to myself. My jeans were stained with the blood but I didn't care. I got my stuff and checked the time "6:00 PM" I was out for a while. School was ending just about now.

I walked out of the restroom and started walking home. "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD" I heard from behind me. Margo came running up and lightly grabbed both of my cheeks looking at my face.

"What happened to you your hair your all beat up!" He sounded so concerned for me but if I told him the truth it would break his heart. He loved Stacy with all of his heart. " it's not a big deal" I whispered. Who did this to you grace? It sounds like he was demanding me for an answer. "No one" I shrugged " just got into a rumble that's all." I could tell he didn't believe me but it was for the better. "Here let's go to my house and get you cleaned up." He grabbed my hand and started pulling me to his house. The whole way there we were quite I was to shocked to speak and he seemed to mad to speak. Some of the times he mumbled curses under his breath but nothing really.

We walked up to his room and he sat me on his bed. "Here go get changed and the takes a shower then We will even your hair out." I took the clothes from him and gave him a smile. I really didn't feel like talking so I just walked myself to the restroom. I started up the shower, the sound of water sounded so great.

Whenever I first got in the shower the hot water seemed to burn me alive from all the cuts it was hitting. But after a while it started to settle down and it was calm.

I really never washed up, I just about sat in there letting the water run over me. Usually when taking showers I can feel my hair running on my back but not this time.

I got out and started dressing myself. His clothes are so big on me. I guess it will do though. I walked back to his room and sat on a chair. "So what are we gonna do to my hair Margo?"  He looked at me with a knife. "We're gonna even it out whoever gave you that hair cut Sure never learn how to. I couldn't help but laugh at that remark. He got closer and started cutting, not to much just a little to even it out.

He had got done cutting it so he brushed it then announced he was done. "Thank you Margo it really means A lot that you did that for me."