Prologue

If you didn't read the trigger warning; you should. This is the last time I will mention it.

Running through the woods, I tried to keep my eyes forward but that's hard to do when you know what's chasing you

Running through the woods, I tried to keep my eyes forward but that's hard to do when you know what's chasing you. The blood pumping out of my stomach was starting to get to me. The dizziness started in waves but now it is a constant friend. A friend that was annoying and very much an attention seeking whore.

Argh!

Tripping over a fallen branch, I crashed to the floor of the woods, I knew that this was it. I couldn't move even if I wanted to. I was a lamb for slaughter. Laying down, I tried to catch my breath and build up energy, but it seemed pointless. I was minutes was from death and I have nothing left. The cold was starting to seep in.

Holding a hand on my stomach, I tried to stop the bleeding even though I knew that it was pointless. The warm and coopery liquid wouldn't stop, no matter how much pressure I applied. 

When a minute had passed and nothing happened, I looked around and noticed that the woods grew quiet. Almost too quiet, deafening. Nothing seemed out of place.

This was just a game. Making me wait and wonder, when will death come? Will it be quick and painless or slow and painful?

Hearing a twig snap and leaves rustling behind me, I closed my eyes and went to my happy place. Somewhere I could feel some type of peace in my last few minutes of life. 

A strong tan hand reached from behind me, and it latched onto my throat, slowly squeezing my neck like a grape. Just the treat of my airway being cutoff caused me to start to freak out mentally. I just pray that it doesn't show on my face.

As the darkness edged into my vision, the person behind my leaned forward. Their mouth right against my ear.

"Not so mouthy now, hmm?" The voice asked sweetly. Sniffing the air deeply, it continued, "Do you think this will destroy them? Finding your lifeless body, broken and thrown away like the trash you are?" The voice chuckled. "I bet they will lose their minds and be so distracted that they won't see the threat coming their way. This will be beautiful to see unfold. Unfortunately for you, you wouldn't be there. Shame really." My executor stroked my hair, mocking the gesture meant for comfort. "Sweet dreams Arabella."

Feeling my neck snap for a brief second was painful but that pain was quickly followed by a black oblivion.

Death sure was quiet.

A peace filled oblivion.

.

.

.

But why did it not stay that way?

***Author's Note***

So? Who do you think killed Arabella?

Was this just a dream?

Was this reality?

Hmmm