Holiday Drama

Summary: Perrie and Alex have a young son  named James who is 7 years old. James has already broken his collarbone from a skateboarding accident and both of them are worrying what could happen when they decide to go on holiday...

Alex's POV: Nothing can really put James in a bad mood, not even breaking his collarbone and dislocating his elbow on the same arm during a skateboarding accident. So we've decided to try and forget our worries and head on a nice trip to Iceland,  it's the start of the Christmas holidays for James anyways.

"Now, bud, you have to be careful with that arm of yours. We don't want further damage!" I tell my son as we sit whilst waiting for our plane to arrive, which is meant to arrive in around 3 hours, and he nods, grabbing his mini suitcase with his good arm.
"I know, Papa. I'll be careful, don't worry!" He assures me, smiling up at me. Perrie returns from the airport coffee shop with two coffees and a hot chocolate.
"Thank you, mummy." James smiles, taking his drink from Perrie.
"Careful, it's hot, sweetheart." She warns him, handing me a coffee and sitting down. "I would let it cool down a bit."

4 hours later, our plane still hadn't arrived and all of the passengers were getting irritated when somebody from the loudspeaker announces:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the flight 382 to Kefavlík International Airport has been delayed due to a blizzard, so we will be taking off tomorrow at 10am."

An uproar of complaining parents and children arises but it doesn't really bother us, we've had this experience before and yes, it is annoying but it happens sometimes... James has already fallen asleep on Perrie's lap so we've at least not got a child who's complaining.

"This is gonna be a long ass night!" Perrie chuckles as we watch and listen to all of the parents making several complaints towards the staff.
"I agree, darling, there are a lot of people who are frustrated but we have this a lot so what's the point?" I respond, shrugging my shoulders.

We can see the heavy snowfall outside the window and gosh, it looks quite the storm with a strong wind blasting through the air
"Do you wanna go get us a room in the airport hotel, babe?" Perrie asks me and I nod, heading over to the airport hotel section.

I approach the desk and get our hotel booked and we head there.
"I spoke to the person there and they told me that they are coming to wake us up at 9am for our flight." I inform them and they nod and we get some sleep.

James's POV: After a night of the blizzard, the ground is covered with a blanket of deep and fresh snow, I checked the weather in Iceland and it's going to be quite pleasant.

After the 4 hour plane journey, we arrive in Iceland and have one of the best holidays ever!