part 20

Dec woke up feeling slightly disorientated,not sure where he was for a moment,then it clicked into place.

This wasn't his hotel room or his bed,this was Ant's room and Ant's bed,but there was no sign of Ant anywhere.

Dec yawned and stretched,glancing at the bedside clock which displayed 7.05am.

He got up to go to the toilet,noting that he was still in his clothes.

He frowned at himself in the bathroom mirror and splashed cold water over his face,now recalling cuddling up to Ant and feeling very sleepy.

He must have slept for hours,he thought to himself,no idea why he'd been so exhausted all of a sudden,yes he'd had a couple of glasses of wine with Anne and Pat,but nothing excessive.

Curious about Ant's whereabouts,he wandered back to his own room...and there he was.

Fast asleep in Dec's bed,Ant was snoring heavily,obviously still in a deep sleep,so Dec made his way back to Ant's room,settling down to watch the television quietly and browse the breakfast menu,although he then decided to wait until Ant woke up before ordering anything.

Breakfast television was boring him to tears though and nothing else was catching his attention so he decided to try and go back to sleep for a while.

He didn't know how long he had dozed for,but was startled awake by the sound of the adjoining door opening.

"Morning Dec" Ant smiled "how did you sleep?"

"Pretty good by the look of it" Dec yawned "I guess I fell asleep in your bed"

"Yeah,I guess you did" Ant laughed.

"You should have woke me" Dec frowned "I would have gone back to my own bed"

"I didn't have the heart" Ant smiled "you were sleeping so peacefully so I just moved into your bed"

"Well,thank you" Dec replied.

"It wasn't a problem" Ant beamed "the beds are the same and I slept like a log"

"Good" Dec nodded "no idea why I was so exhausted"

Ant sat down on the bed next to Dec and patted his leg.

"You've had a pretty emotional couple of days" Ant pointed out "I'm not surprised it had that effect on you"

"Yeah" Dec agreed "I guess so,so what time are we heading back to London?"

"No hurry" Ant smiled "let's get some breakfast,then we'll just get ourselves organised and leave when we're ready,I've got something to tell you first"

"Oh yeah?" Dec asked curiously "what?"

"I'll tell you over breakfast" Ant grinned.

So after both boys had a shower and got into clean clothes,they were soon sat in the hotel restaurant,tucking into a full English.

"More fried food" Ant frowned "I'll need to live on salad for a week once we get back"

"Sod that" Dec laughed "salad is for rabbits,do I look like I've got a little,fluffy tail?"

"I don't know,have you?" Ant grinned "turn around and I'll check"

"Shut up" Dec giggled.

"Anyway" Ant smiled "want to hear my idea?"

"Go on then" Dec mumbled through a mouthful of sausage.

"I'm not going back to work" Ant announced.

"Yeah,I know" Dec shrugged "you're taking a career break"