ch 15; Manipulation

Kill all humans and Mephiles on Earth.

Revenge my granddaughter

Destroy Earth with the Ark from space

The pest deserve to die and pay for what they have done

Shadow grunts while unconscious. It feels as he is awake, but also not.  Awake enough, to hear those words who keep repeating over and over again. But not awake enough to actually opening the eyes and sit up.
He wishes he could turn the sound off. If Gerald's words don't end soon, he will get crazy. Again.

He doesn't know how much time has passed, when the sound of air is sipping out from the container from getting opened.
Shadow starts slowly opening the eyes and feels a bit drowsy, when someone yanked his arm and pulled him out from the container.
"Eh?" He snaps the eyes opened and looks confused at Mephiles who pulls him away from the container he had once spent about fifty years in.
Mephiles smirks.
"The vacation is over-... Time to get back to our time-line" he says before creating a portal they are entering.

Back in the cell, Shadow glares angrily at Mephiles.
"You killed Maria!" He accuses.
Mephiles raises an eyebrow.
"How? I wasn't the one who held that gun... It was a filthy human who killed-..." he starts saying.
"Maria" he spits out in disgust.
Shadow grits the teeth with a low growl. Trembling of anger.
"But you were the one to call G.U.N behind our backs!"
For a short moment it was silent and only Shadow's panting, disturbed that silence.
Mephiles inhales deeply.
"Oh? You are talking about that? Then yes... Then I was the one who killed Maria" he grins monstrous.
Shadow snaps and starts moving his fist swiftly toward Mephiles' face.
"YOUR MONSTER!" He shouts angrily and was about to punch Mephile, when the other grabbed his fist.
Mephiles stares coldly at Shadow.
"Don't you dare attack me-..." he warns him.
Shadow furrows the eyebrows sadly.
"Why?-..." he gasps.
Mephiles hums asking.
Shadow swallows hardly.
"Why did you called G.U.N? And got M-maria killed?"
Mephiles exhales.
"Simply because I hated them-..."
"Eh?"
"-... They tried stealing my toy away from me-..."
"Toy?" Shadow blinks confused.
Mephiles let's go of Shadow's fist.
"-...Yes, you were mine... But despite that, Maria always clung onto you... And I got jealous-... Since I don't like sharing my toys with others... "
Shadow lowers the arm while his heart pounds painfully. Has Mephiles always seen him as a toy to only play around with? That can't be love, right?
Shadow swallows nervously.
"B-but?... That's not how you treat someone you L-love... Someone you love, isn't a T-toy..." he protests.
Mephiles tilts the head confused.
"Love?-..." he asks before exhaling a short laugh.
The laugh gives Shadow the creep and he starts shivering a little.
"Y-yeah...You love me, right?" He asks nervously. He doesn't want to get back together with Mephiles. But it would suck, if his whole life has been a lie. If it turned out Mephiles didn't loved him at all.
Mephiles scoffs.
"Do you really think I could love someone as you?-..." he starts saying with a smirk.
Shadow jolts and wides the eyes.
"Wha-..." his heartbeats increased.
Mephiles stares coldly at him with crossed arms.
"I have never loved you Shadow... Ever since I first saw you, I have hated you-... You, Gerald and Maria behaved as you were the ultimate lifeform... The perfect creature while I was second best... So... Since you were my little toy, I have tried breaking you... My mission was almost finished when that Silver furred hedgehog interrupted my playtime with you-..." he growls.
Shadow gets pale and walks backward with increased breathing. How could he had been so blind? Not understanding Mephiles never loved him?
Shadow grunts when his back hits the brick wall in the cell.
His eyes start tearing up and he looks nervously toward the cell next his.
"K-knuckles-..." he mumbles silently and wished Knuckles could regain consciousness and save him from the misery.
Mephiles was about to say something painful when Eggman interrupts him through a communication device.
"Mephiles do you read me? I need you up here, copy"
The evil hedgehog scoffs and takes the device up and push the button.
"Yes, I do read you... And I'm on my way..." he answers and puts the device away and glares at Shadow.
"And you will stay here-..." he growls. Obviously annoyed to get interrupted during the playtime with Shadow.
Mephiles walks toward Shadow and yanks his arm hardly to attach the chains again.
Shadow grunts and tries pulling the arm away from him, but was a bit too late since the chain was back around the wrist.
Before Mephiles manages to grab his other arm, he flinches the hand toward Mephiles quills. The hand runs through the quills and tries finding the chaos emerald.
He could feel the gem touching the fingertips.
But before he got any chance to steal it back, Mephiles grabbed his arms and pulls him down while kicking upward with the knee hitting his stomach hardly.
And since the wound wasn't completely healed, Shadow starts coughing up blood.
Shadow's hand slips out from Mephiles' quills.
Mephiles smirks.
"You don't think I would let you steal the chaos emerald back?" He clicks the tongue laughing and stares satisfied at the shivering Shadow.
Then he attaches the second chain on Shadow's wrist and walks away.