Forward & Content Warnings

To my lovely readers,

This book is a vulnerable one to put out there! It's set in the same universe as Static Crush, only further in the future, in a different city, with different characters whom I hope you'll come to love. There may be some cameos from recognizable faces ;) However, you don't need to have read Static Crush to understand this story, so if you're a new reader, welcome!

In the interest of transparency, I wanted to give a little forword and content warning for those reading.

This is a love story between two trans men, and my first forray as a trans writer into explicitly writing about my experience. I'm really excited to finally share work like this! I'm also aware not all of us under the transmasc umbrella have the same experiences or feelings about our gender expression, though. In that respect, sex scenes may contain words that other trans men find uncomfortable or dysphoria-inducing, and I want to be up front about that. These are the words I find most comforting and validating, but I support anyone in not reading it if it makes them uncomfortable. I will also do my utmost to delete/report any transphobia in the comments to make this a safe reading experience for trans readers.

This story also deals with mental health issues and suicide. There will be no on-page suicide or death of a main character, and none of the references made are gratuitously described. There are references to suicide in the main character's backstory, and suicidal ideation and risk-taking behaviour from the love interest. I've done my utmost to treat this with the sensitivity it deserves, and to bring as much light and hope to the overarching story to balance these heavier topics. I've also done my utmost NOT to romanticize it. Though this is a love story at its heart, the romance will never come from the mental health issues the protagonists are dealing with. However, if this topic is very triggering, I absolutely support you in not reading and taking care of yourself.

There's also brief use of a homophobic slur. In context, it is used by the protagonist to describe himself and other gay men. It isn't used by a homophobic character against a queer character. Personally, I like to reclaim words like this so they no longer hold power over me. All the same, please take care of yourself if you find this word usage triggering!

Lastly, this story deals with mental health, trauma and past abuse. These themes appear in my stories a lot. Again, I try to write them from a place of hope, but I respect anyone who isn't up to reading that right now.

If you feel I've missed out any major triggers as you're reading, please let me know and I'll adjust this note to accomodate! I will add any that might crop up while I'm writing that I didn't plan for as well.

I really hope to make this book as enjoyable, fun and cathartic to read as it is to write, but wanted to make sure readers have fair warning of what it might contain.

Thanks so much for supporting my work! Onward to the book :)