Love Will Find A Way ≫ Graystripe x Female! RiverClan! Reader - Part Two (FINAL)

Art: Shyranno

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Birth scene (non-graphic)

Nearly three moons had passed since Graystripe left ThunderClan to raise your kits with you. As you had expected, Leopardstar was not thrilled in the slightest and neither were your clanmates. Thankfully no exiling took place, and the golden-spotted she-cat had begrudgingly agreed to let your mate join RiverClan. "Things will be better this way. Trying to raise kits between two opposing clans would only result in unnecessary bloodshed."She had proclaimed solemnly during the clan meeting when Blackclaw had angrily snarled about exiling you. You were grateful for her support during the difficult time and throughout your pregnancy, but you still occasionally caught her giving you dirty looks. Your clanmates had managed to settle down over the matter, but you knew they still whispered about you when they thought you weren't paying attention. You heard them every time, but you didn't care. All that mattered to you now was Graystripe and your beautiful kits— Which were due to arrive any moment.

It was a peaceful early leaf-fall evening, and the sun had just barely sunk below the camp. There were no more crickets; they had died with the leaves. Normally you would've been shaking from the chill in the air this time of year this late into the evening, but this year, your pads were slick with sweat and your tongue lolled out of your mouth in a desperate attempt to cool down. It felt like there was fire beneath your pelt, and your skin crawled anxiously. Despite Mudfur's soothing words and the raspberry leaves he had given you earlier to ease the intense pain, you couldn't stop worrying. This would be your first time kitting, and you'd heard plenty of horror stories from the other queens and she-cats who had previously kitted about the experience. "It hurts like nothing else," Mosspelt had told you honestly one morning. "There's lots of blood, and you're never sure when it's going to end. You just have to stay strong." Thanks Mosspelt, You thought sarcastically. Your words were very comforting.

Another spasm clenched your belly, causing to groan loudly and squeeze your eyes shut. The sound of rustling lichen found it's way through the blood rushing in your ears, and you opened your eyes to see Mudfur padding inside with a sturdy twig of an oak. He set the piece of wood down next to your nest and crouched down to your level, resting his paw on top of yours. "Breathe," He meowed calmly, his voice never losing its professional tone. "In and out. Nice and slow, just like catching your breath after a swim." You took the ex-warrior's advice, rocking slowly back-and-forth as you fought through the pain. "Very good. It won't be too much longer. Is there anything else I can get you, (Y/N)?"

"Graystripe," You whimpered. "I want Graystripe." Mudfur nodded, pushing the twig towards you with a paw.

"Bite down on that when you feel the pain coming." You nodded, too out of breath to properly speak. All the whimpering, grunting and crying really took it out of you. You silently wondered if Mosspelt had been permanently traumatized by the birth of her kits, especially now that you were experiencing it first-paw. You vividly remembered when the tortoiseshell had started kitting; her yowls of pain and cursing had probably been heard in ShadowClan's camp. Her kits were all apprentices now, but that didn't change the fact that it hurt like a bee sting, if bee stings involved rivers of blood and a sore—

"(Y/N)!" Graystripe gasped, barreling like a confused badger into the medicine den. "I'm so sorry, my love! I just got back from the gathering, and Mudfur told me—"

"It's fine," You hissed through gritted teeth as another spasm started building up, feeling lower and more painful than the others. "Just get over here and hold me!" The gray tom nodded, scurrying quickly to your head and rasping his tongue over your ears. Relieved your mate was finally with you, you leaned into his broad shoulder and let several tears escape your eyes. You were scared. You hated to admit it, but you were absolutely terrified of what was to come. Graystripe took notice of your trembling and tightened his embrace, pulling you a little closer to him.