𝘴𝘪𝘹, heart cake

( STURNIOLO HOME ! )

12:09 am

Sydney got up from her comfortable seat next to Chris and walked to the oven, putting on the oven mitts and taking the cake out placing it on the stove top to let it cool. She unlatched the sides of the cake tin so that it could cool faster so they could ice it. Then she sat back down next to Chris.

Once she sat down on the right of Chris he reached his right arm pulling her closer to him to close the distance between them. Sydney's heart fluttered at the action that Chris hadn't thought twice about.

The sides of their bodies were pressed up against each other, Chris had his legs on the ground while Sydney had them to the right of her body up on the couch. He kept his arm around her still hugging her and his hand was rested on her thigh.

Sydney's hand was awkwardly rested on Chris' stomach before he picked it up and started playing with the gold and diamond rings on her fingers. He twisted the Cartier ring on her finger which they both watched him do before he spoke.

"How'd the cake look?" he said looking up to make their eyes meet.

"Are you kidding it was made by a pro baker obviously looked impeccable" she joked making him let out a small chuckle so his teeth showed as he smiled at her.

"We gonna ice it now?" Chris asked

"No we have to let it cool" she replied

"Thats so stupid why can't we ice it now." he asked smiling up at her still.

"Because the icing will melt from the heat of the cake" Sydney explained

"Why can't we just chuck it in the fridge so it cools quicker?" Chris asked making Sydney laugh a little.

"Good point but really not a good point. I don't know why but I swear you just can't for some reason." Sydney said before continuing "Law's of baking I guess?" she joked.

"I'm a lawyer of baking and I say its perfectly fine to put it in the fridge!" Chris said continuing her joke.

"You're a fucking idiot" Sydney laughed laying her head on his shoulder.

"But you love it" he replied back almost instantly making Sydney smile involuntarily at his comment.

Minutes later the couple were stood in the kitchen as Sydney read out the icing recipe to him that she had memorised in her head from countless times of making simple icing. He sat mixing the bowl as Sydney looked at the food colouring.

"What colour do we make it Chris?" she asked, god he loved it when she said his name.

"I don't know pink? It is a heart" Chris said looking up from mixing to respond.

"Good choice" she said dropping a few drops of red food colouring into the beige icing mixture quickly making it pink as Chris mixed it.

"Okay now you ice it pink and I'll add white embroidery onto the cake." she said as she placed the cake in front of Chris, while Chris iced she bagged white icing into a piping bag.

"Ta da!" Chris said as he finished icing the heart cake to which Sydney took the cake and iced with white icing along the outline of the heart.

"What do we write in the middle?" Sydney asked.

"Our names?" Chris suggested making Sydney smile.

"Or we could merge our names into one like Sydis or Cydney or Chridney" Chris continued to suggest different combinations of their names making Sydney laugh.