1

3rd January, 1982 was a lucky day for the household of the Gojo clan. A new baby girl was born into the main branch, desired to be a heiress for the title of the Head Clan of Gojo. Womans ruling over a big clan are a taboo amongst the tradition, that even majorities had already chosen a different heir for the Head Clan, but the mother of the new borned girl won't give up too easily. Through insisting and negotiating, finally the current head clan agrees for the girl to be the next ruler of the Gojo clan. But the father won't accept the decision.

Growing up, Satomi wasn't too different from the other kids. She talks, walks, and does things that other kids would. Haruko Maichi, a specially trained caretaker for the Gojo's main branch's children are the ones that remain strong in Satomi's memories. Often being her second mother while the Lady is gone for ceremonies, and also being her parents while both are absent for family matters, truthfully, the little girl had learnt more from a mere stranger than her own bloodlines.

Haruko hadn't given a bad impression towards the girl about the Lady and Lord, but instead tells tale on how great the two are, often putting others before themselves and what a great influences the both to her. Haruko partly agrees on what she said, but she wasn't sure about the Lord. She haven't had an actual conversation with him for years. She felt like a hypocrite. Only the mother would spent her spare times with her only daughter, but not the father. He would often get drunk with bottles of sake he snuck into the main room, tossing them around when he reaches the state of euphoria.

The two couple would always quarrel. Apparently, his drinking habits gets worse when Satomi was born, but it doesn't immediately happen. Lots of things happens that leads him to how he is now. He's mad. Mad at everything. Mad at how his first child is a girl, mad at his wife for wanting the girl to be the heiress, mad at her father for agreeing with his wife. He doesn't know how to hide his face after being humiliated. In front of everyone. His relatives, friends and people he trusts the most. Only if his stupid wife would listen-- no, only if the girl WASN'T born, he wouldn't have to be stucked in this great trench of humiliation. His chest felt heavy. The spaces are too narrow. No way for him to move everytime the eyes are gazing at him.

That's how he felt, every single day. It was excruciating.

The screams and shouts are too loud to be quiet. Satomi often peek through the shoji door to check up on the two, maybe even try calming them down. But the moment she saw her parents face, she's stunned. She felt two hands were gripping down her legs to hold her down. Her eyes wouldn't move, it will always be moving back to forth to the two adults yelling to eachother. She didn't knew why they were fighting.

The words that would be uttered every night felt like an improvised script. It was the same everyday, that the girl would know what they would fight about every night. It went from "drinking", to "humiliating", to her name. Satomi, Satomi, Satomi, Satomi. She didn't knew the necessity for her name to be in whatever the topic they're screaming about, but everytime her name is heard it hurts like a cut. No one would talk too much about a person unless the mentioned is hated, hated so much that the name won't be boring to be said.

She wonders, how the resident of Gojo would sound like if it wasn't for the shouting and quarrels. Has it always been like this before? Is this what the Gojos had to face everyday? Broken furnitures, shattered vases, crooked family pictures that were supposed to be seen as sacred and untouchable, but is always seen broken and shattered on the floor. But all the noisy ambient had slowly become a norm for her. She continues to enjoy her life, with the beloved caretaker by her side to guide her.

But then another child was born. Precisely, her little brother was born.

Satomi was just a normal 7 year old, not understanding why a born of a human bring would bring such joy to the whole clan. She peeked through the shoji door, observing her mother cuddling the baby. White feathered hair, the way his lashes bend is almost comical. It's as if she is seeing a snowman turned into a person. And his eyes. Though it's barely open by now, she could see a glimpse of blue hue on it. How could that be? Eventhough he inherited his father's white hair and white lashes, but no one in the clan has such blue, BLUE eyes like that.

But that's not the sight that caught her attention the most. It's her father's smile. A curve of his lips that no eyes of her had ever seen. Her heart began shattering. One by one, pieces began to divide. The only time she had ever seen the man smile was when he was high on sake. She remembered Haruko told her that drunk people won't even act as humanly possible, that they will act completely different than their own self got drunk. So when her father was enjoying himself with the sake, her father wasn't even there.

It hurt her, to think that her father never genuinely smiled to her. These whole time all she saw on his face was a frown. Frown, frown, frown. She knew too damn well there's no way that hag would get drunk on sake during his wife's childbirth.

And thus, bits by bits of jealousy was born.

_

Satomi couldn't remember the last time when many people would come over to the clan's residence to meet a newborn face to face. She's certainly sure that many people had visited the clan when she was born, to witness the first granddaughter of the clan's Head. Too many pictures to be the proof. Heck, it was even hanged all across her room. Sometimes she wouldn't even realised it was there because she was so used to the sight of the frame. Probably they stopped visiting her when she was around 1 years old.

But for the little brother, namely Satoru, many people would still visit him on his 2nd birthday. What is so special about him? What made the other clans so interested with the little boy, that the visit won't seem to stop? That even her mother had stopped reading bedtime for her since the little boy was born. Was it because of the eyes? The hair? The lashes? She doesn't know.

But curiosity kills the cat. The only reliable person she could seek for answers is the caretaker, Haruko.
"Why do they like Satoru more than I do?" asked the 9 year old girl. Her maturity had shown a big progress since 2 years ago, Haruko had seen all of it.
"Why are you saying such things? Of course they liked you too," Haruko answered while brushing the sliky black hair of the girl.

"Then why is nobody paying attention to me? Is it because I'm plain? Satoru's got a white hair and blue eyes, but I got a BORING black eyes and hair," the girl's nail started digging deep into her teddy, "Mommy stopped checking on me at night. And for daddy..."

She pauses.

"Nevermind, I don't need anyone anyway."

Haruko pauses too. How could a word she would often hear from her peers, now came out from a toddler, barely reaching the puberty age? She knows for a certain. The girl had matured too early. The girl understands neglection, while girl her age should be experiencing love from their parents.

But the woman kept her composure calm. Air enters, in and out. "You see, Satomi-chan. Your little brother's got something that's rarely seen in the Jujutsu world. It's the Six Eyes. And people are checking and hoping whether he'll inherit the Limitless too. That's why many people are visiting him."

"Limitless?" Satomi turned her head slightly. Haruko nodded, "Yes, the Limitless. It's an innate technique amongst your clan.

"The Gojo clan."

"'"
end ch. 1

A/N:
- I resurrected