Who can go hug him the fastest?

"Brace yourself," Lan Wangji said before he put his attention back to the Lan junior disciples and Jin Ling. He took a sharp intake of breath and said aloud, "Who can go hug him the fastest?"

"Well that's strange..." Wei Wuxian murmured, brows furrowing in confusion at the Lan junior disciples, including his nephew. "I thought they're going to run towards us now that we're back from the night hunt."

Lan Wangji's lips tilted upwards, taking a few steps back.

Wei Wuxian was quick to notice it. "Lan Zhan?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow at his husband.

"Brace yourself," Lan Wangji said before he put his attention back to the Lan junior disciples and Jin Ling. He took a sharp intake of breath and said aloud, "Who can go hug him the fastest?"

Wei Wuxian could only gape when the Lan junior disciples and his beloved nephew started running towards him with determine expressions. He heard his nephew shouting while running, "He's my uncle!" and Lan Jingyi countered it with, "Oh yeah?! But you don't call him that! Hah!" and even Lan Sizhui joined, "He's my mom!" and then he found himself being tackled to the ground.

"Aw, damn it! Sizhui won!" Lan Jingyi admitted in defeat. Beside him, Jin Ling stomped on the ground. "This is unacceptable!" he exclaimed in anger. The other Lan junior disciples were out of breath and one of them said dejectedly, "I really want to be the first one who gets to hug Wei-qianbei..."

Lan Sizhui gave a triumph smile. "He's my mom," he repeated his words earlier, now looking up at the man who had his arms wrapped around him in a warm embrace. "Right?"

"A-Yuan, I thought I'm just your gege?" Wei Wuxian laughed heartily, tightening his embrace on the boy.

"Wei-qianbei, don't leave us out!" Lan Jingyi said as he settled himself right next to his friend's side. "I want a hug too!"

Jin Ling huffed, then he grumpily took the left side. "Hmp! I don't want your hug," he declared, crossing his arms. "It's not that nice anyway!"

"Sure," Lan Jingyi snickered. "Wei-qianbei's warm hug is the best in the world! We know you want it too, so stop denying it already!"

"Shut up!" Jin Ling sputtered. "And I'm not denying anything!"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Jin Ling."

"Wei-qianbei, hug me too! Hug me too!" said one of the Lan junior disciples as he began tugging Wei Wuxian's sleeves, eagerly waiting for the hug that he was asking for.

"I want a hug too, Wei-qianbei..." said another.

"Feet, why did you betray me?!" cried the third Lan junior.

"Ohhh you big babies!" Wei Wuxian cooed, spreading his arms. "Come here, you bunch of rules! This senior will give each of you a hug!"

The other Lan junior disciples gave in without a second thought.

Lan Wangji's cold features softened as he watched them, his lips curving up ever so slightly in satisfaction. When he met his husband's gaze, the other man mouthed something at him.

Thank you.

Lan Wangji found himself giving in as well.