The Writing on the wall

Hello everyone!

Copyright Statement:

Copyright © 2022 by kanishkarun
All rights reserved.a

Please note that no part of this publication may be reproduced, transmitted in any form, distributed, stored in a retrieval system, stored in a database and / or published in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except as permitted by U.S. copyright law. 

~~~~

The mind, I feel, is a storehouse of all your alluring nostalgic memories created throughout your short life, the cringe-worthy memories, and the gruesome ones. But out of experience, I feel the awful memories are the ones which always stay with you. It's a souvenir of your past. It has a greater impact on your soul than any other incidents. Those are the ones which you can't let go of, no matter how hard you try. I don't know why that is so.

Another thing I know is that those are the ones I relate to the most.

But how would you feel if you can't leave those behind and carry on? How would you feel if it follows you around and haunts your present? How would you feel if you know you're going to be affected by your past forever? How would you feel if you know that you're doomed to always carry your past as a baggage on your shoulder, and you can do absolutely nothing to change it?

Would you feel fine? Would you feel sane? Would you have total compos mentis?

I don't know what I would do.

But I'm sure that I'm not ready for this crazy ride. But again, I'm not sure if I'll ever be ready.

What you are reading right now is a record of my experience that I maintain to feel normal. To keep myself sane. Honestly, the stuff written in here is anything but normal.

I call myself Keira Olivia Jackson, a 25 year old brunette, the assistant to the Editor of the University of Washington Press, a renowned publishing house in Seattle.

~~~~

Meet Caleb Hale. 

Starting his work in Seattle, after a successful happy dream life but he knows what pain is. Now, all he wants is a calm life. but he is ready to go with the flow. 

Well, then, meet Keira Jackson. 

An aspiring person awaiting to create a happy life for herself. All she's ever had in her life is drama. Drama, drama and more drama. Her life being the most eventful as it can get, her past doesn't make her present any easier to live in. 

Hmm, What do you think happens when fate pushes these two individuals that are greatly affected by their past, together? 

~~~~

*Opening theatre curtains*

Welcome to 'The writing on the wall'. 

I hope this book becomes a success. All I ask of you is your continuous support. Thanks in advance!

Love,                                                                                                                                      Kia