Chapter - 3

The city noise fills the streets as Willow unpacks the cabbie of her boxes. She didn't think she owned much, until needing to pack it all up. They held all her books, files from work, and trinkets from home. She has to buy new furniture for her new flat. A new beginning, Molly had called it when she heard the news. After Holmes and Watson solving the case, he decided to write about it on a blog. 'A Study in Pink' Watson called it.

Willow wears a light headband to keep her hair out of her face as she starts to move into the flat. Mrs. Hudson offered to help, but Willow insisted that she could handle it. To her, the boxes weren't much, causing her landlady to disagree.

She places a hand on her hip as she watches the raven-haired woman. "Are you sure you've got it? I mean, those boxes look mighty heavy." She says, watching her with a concern look a mother would give to her child.

    "Don't fret, Mrs. Hudson, I have it handled." She reassures her, pushing in the last box into the flat. She lets out a sigh of relief as she looks back at the building doorway. "I believe I got all the boxes."

Right as she thought she was finished, a woman with dark red hair knocks on door that is wide open. Willow looks over and sees a familiar face in the doorway. She fixes her shirt slightly before walking over to her, smiling.

She returns the smile before bringing her into a hug, having her hug her back. After a split moment, she pulls away from Molly and crosses her arms. "I didn't think you would get here so soon."

She chuckles gently. "I thought I could come early, so I could help you unpack." Molly offers as she smiles at Willow.

    "Of course, Molly." Willow turns around and leads Molly to her new home. Hopefully, she'll live here longer than just a couple of months. Willow isn't great at staying in one spot for so long. She used to live in Scotland for a bit, before moving back to London and then to France. Sadly, after her oldest brother passed almost a year ago, she's lived in London since.

Willow lifts one box onto the kitchen counter, cutting the tape with a box cutter, lifting the flaps. On the side of the box said 'Kitchen Supplies' such as plates, mugs, pots. Molly has already dived into a box as well, though finds herself in the first box full of books. She read a few covers. The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe. The Literature of France. Many more books of literature and poems. As well as some medical and forensic books.

    "Wills, why do you have so many books? I've never noticed these." She asks, placing them down next to her. That was just the first box of books Willow owned.

Willow places a few plates in the cabinet before looking over her shoulder at Molly. "Those are some old books my brother used to own. I now own them because no one else wanted them." She explains, finishing out one box and starts to break the box.

Woods grabs another box, the side reading 'Family things'. She wasn't one to purge old things, believing that they own a part of the last owners' life. They all held memories and stories. She could never find herself to get rid of them.

She cuts the tape with a box cutter, opening the flaps of the box. Family pictures and old drawings when she was younger. She slowly grabs a small stack of the pictures, looking through them. They were pictures of when she was younger. One of the pictures caught her eye, causing her to smile gently at the photo.

In the photo were two joyful children as one leaned over the table, blowing out the candles mid-picture. It must've been the boy's birthday, as he was the one to blow the candles out. He had scruffy black hair. He always refused a haircut when it was time to trim it, He was always sad when he looked at himself through the mirror, He adored his long hair. In the picture, his hair looked freshly cut.