Chapter 1

"Tosh, do those ravens look off to you or is it just me?" Says Gwen Cooper to her friend and colleague Toshiko Sato, as they both admire the views of the Tower of London, "It's true Gwen they do, I do wonder why" she replies. "I do believe I can explain that" a soft voice says from behind them both " they're low on battery again, hello Kate Stewart I take it Harkness sent you both?" She introduced herself to the pair who were stunned and confused as to how she knew their boss. "I'm sorry how do you know Jack?" Asked Gwen "ah I should have been clearer, I'm the head of U.N.I.T" Kate clarifies. "Jack didn't send us here we came on holiday, we needed the break" Tosh explains. "well seeing as we're here we might as well help Kate with whatever it is" Gwen suggests "why not, lead the way" Tosh signals to Kate and she leads them into her office where Petronella Osgood is stood waiting for them "hello there, I'm Osgood you must be Gwen Cooper and Toshiko Sato from Torchwood", Gwen and Tosh both wave "so when's the grand tour? this place is huge" Gwen remarks. Kate and Osgood lead Gwen and Tosh to the area of the Tower off-limits to the public, "oh my you have so much more scientific equipment than back at the hub" remarked Toshiko in awe. "I can show you more in my lab if you'd like Tosh" Osgood told her, "oh yes please I'd love to" she responded. "Fine by me and whilst you both do that I can show Gwen where the weapons are kept" Kate suggested to Gwen. "Brilliant, I love blowing things up" Gwen said excitedly. "Seriously Kate" Osgood glanced at her only to receive a 'we'll be fine' look back "fine but be careful and don't blow anything up on purpose". "Is that a good idea?" Tosh questions "don't worry she always wants an excuse to play with her toys" Osgood reassures her "right then, this way Tosh" she leads the way for Toshiko. "So were are these weapons then?" Gwen asks, "right down here" Kate leads Gwen down the corridor.