Chapter 54

Yamagi leaned over the edge and closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He opened them and breathed out, he jumped. He felt his heart sink. The wind blew through his hair, he felt free. His body was enveloped in the surprisingly warm water, he had his eyes open, he swam up to the surface of the water, breaking it, he took a breath and went back under the waters surface. He felt calm swimming through the water. After a short while he resurfaced, he saw that Shino was waiting for him on the bank of the pool of water. Yamagi swam through the water to reach Shino, he climbed out and the cold breeze hit him hard. He was soaking and the water was dripping from his hair, down his cheeks and off his chin. Shino wrapped a towel around Yamagi's shoulders.

"Better dry off before we leave" Shino said, drying off.

"Yeah" Yamagi took the towel from his shoulders and dried his hair. Shino lay down on the grass in the sun, Yamagi joined him, the lay in the sun being warmed by its touch. They lay there in silence, admiring the sky. Once they were pretty dry they got up, the time had passed quickly. They walked back to the car holding hands. They drove off back to Shino's place. Yamagi watched the scenery pass by. The time they spent together wasn't wasted.