Shopping • 5

The first store I saw was a surf shop, it had multiple surfboards in its window with a whole bunch of swimsuits.

"Are we splitting up?" Miles asks, as Nick and I walk towards the shop.

"I guess split up?" I say, shrugging as everyone agrees. Matt, Miles, and Chris wanted to go to Zumiez, so that left Nick, Alahna, and I. I walked into the surfer shop with the two behind me.

"So, how's it going with you and Chris?" Alahna asks, trying to be non chaulant. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"Perfect. Why?" I try ignoring the question just to shut them up for now.

"You can tell us Kenna." Nick says, turning in front of me.

"There's nothing to tell, we're close friends just having fun. It's summer, that's what summer is about." I keep looking at the boards until a blonde, tall male pops up out of nowhere.

"Hi, I'm Blake, I am a worker here do you need help looking?" He asks, smiling.

"Oh, no I'm okay. Thank you though." I smile back at him.

"So, you surf?" He asks, looking back and forth from me and my two friends behind me looking at him with annoyed faces.

"Um, yes actually. My brother and I do, it was our thing when we were kids. How about you?"

"I do! Only a year though, not as long as you have." He chuckles, leaning up against a board. I smile back at him.

"I'm sorry to break this up, but we have to get out of here quickly, we have a dinner in a couple of hours." Nick says, with an unamused voice. It was four hours away.

"Oh yeah, no worries. Hope you find what your looking for," He smiles at me and puts a hand up. "I hope to see you soon!"

"Right back at you." I smile waving him off.

"Mak.." Alahna starts, but I quickly interrupt.

"Stop. You both, get your heads far away from the theory of Chris and I. We are friends, very close friends, I wouldn't wanna Jeopardize that, ever! Even if I did have something for him, and if I kept it away forever. I'm not putting a friendship on the line because I have feelings for the person I'm best friends with!" I cover my mouth in realization and they both smile at me.

"Speak from the bottom of your heart girl!" Nick says, making us laugh. My cheeks heated up, and I start biting my lips.

"Let's just get my board and get out of here." I changed the subject and quickly grabbed the board I wanted, to be honest it was the first white one I saw.

"Let's." Alahna says, chuckling with Nick. I walked quickly, walking to a girl at the front showing her the ticket of the board I wanted and bought it.

"Okay, we can have some people bring the board out to your car..." She try's saying, but a cut her off.

"Oh, could I come and get it later? We walked here instead of driving, but could I come and get it in the morning?" I ask, trying to be nice as possible.

"Of course! We have multiple customers who do that, we open at 7:00 tomorrow, so is there a specific time you would be here so we could have that ready for ya." She says, clicking her screen in front of her.

"Probably around 7:30, gotta start early for the best waves." I smile and she does the same, looking down at her screen.

"You're going surfing tomorrow?" Nick whispers, coming up close to my ear.

"Yeah, I'll be ready before the interview I promise." I whisper back.

"That's a lot in just a couple of hours, you're going to tired yourself out." Alahna whispers, joining our conversation. At that point we were all whispering, both of them by each of my ears, like they were my Angel and Devil.

"No I won't. I'll be perfectly fine, I do stuff all the time like this, this is how I like it."

"You don't remember how exhausted you..." Nick gets cut off by the lady saying we could go and that she'll see me in the morning. Saved by the bell. I smile, and walk out with the two behind me. I knew what they were thinking, even a tweaker could figure it out, they made it obvious. I was fine, I always was.

"Could we please talk about the thing?" Alahna says, breaking the silence.

"What thing?" Nick and I say at the same time.

"About you having feelings for Chris." Alahna says happily.

"Look, I'll make it quick and easy. Yes, I am starting to feel different feelings for Chris, but he most definitely doesn't feel the same about me." I stop crossing my arms.

"How do you know?" Nick asks, making his head bob back and forth.

"Because. I just know, now they're coming back, so stop talking about it." I say, seeing them walk over to us.

"Stubborn." Alahna says before we met the boys.

"Where's your board?" Miles asks once he gets close to us.

"I'm getting it in the morning before surfing." I say, pointing to the shop.

"You're surfing before the interview?" Chris asks with a curious look on his face.

"That's what we were saying!" Nick yells.

"Shut up! God damn, you're so loud and for what?" I say annoyed before going on. "Yes I am, I'll be done before we have to leave."

"Yeah I know you will, but that's a lot. You know we're also going to an influencer party after right?" Chris says, grabbing my arm and whispering at me.

"I will be fine." I finish the conversation, before Matt starts talking.

"Okay..." He lingers, "Does anybody need anything. I made a reservation for the beach restaurant you said you wanted to go to Kenna, on the top."

"Yes!" I bring my knee up to my chest, with my elbow going down and scrunching my face. "I love you."

"Yeah, I know."

CHRIS' POV :

When I saw Kennas face scrunched up, it made me smile, butterflies started to flutter in my stomach.

She was perfect.

The way she smiled, the way she laughed. I wanted to deny the feelings I had. I've had them since the seventh grade. It was wrong of me to have feelings for her, she was my best friend. We're a big friend group, if we get together and break up, it would ruin the relationship we had with everyone.

She would feel terrible. She would feel like she ruined everything.

I couldn't have that. Ever. I needed to keep my feelings a secret for as long as I could.

Holy shit.

I have to tell someone.

MAKENNA'S POV :

"What time are we going?" I ask, as we were walking back to the Airbnb.

"I scheduled for seven because Chris told me to do it at the time the sunset." I loved the sunset. I smile at Chris and mouth,

'Thank you'

He nods and holds my hand. We started skipping up the driveway and unlocked the front door walking into the house. I flop onto the couch and quickly look at my watch. It was 5 so that gave us 2 hours to get ready.

"I'm gonna go and get ready, Mak you coming with me?" Alahna says, walking to the room, but when she talked to me she turned around looking at her phone.

"Yes!"

Word count : 1259

THANK YALL FOR OVER 3 THOUSAND READS! I LOVE YALL! IM WRITING AS MUCH AS I CAN RN BECAUSE IM ON SPRING BREAK, BUT IM ALSO STAYING WITH FAMILY!