Tales Of The Unknown Pt. 3

Mitch watched as the doctor checked on Federico to see if he was okay. Now that he was awake, Mitch felt a huge sense of relief wash over him. He did not want to be the reason an old man died.

But with him awake now, Mitch and Wirt could get back to looking for everyone.

Doctor: Hmmm. Welp, your brain sounds good! I wouldn't stress yourself til your gizzard-skin grows back.

Mitch listened to him and began to wonder what he meant by that. How does a brain sound good?

Wirt: Maybe we should get an actual doctor.

Mitch just shrugged. Paola grabbed Federico's wheelchair and began to push him way.

Paola: Well, thank you, Doctor. You've been....very helpful.

Doctor: Just jobbin' my do, ma'am!

The group all looked at him for a moment. Then they all left together. Once they were outside walking down the town's street, Mitch watched Federico.

Mitch: I'm glad that you're okay. I was....kinda worried.

Federico: You're not to blame, my boy. I knew what I was agreeing to.

Wirt: "Agreeing to"? What do you mean?

Federico sighed.

Federico: Blu came to our rescue.

Paola stopped when she heard the name. Mitch and Wirt, on the other hand, didn't recognize the name to have any significance.

Paola: Blu? What was she doing there?

Federico: She was saving us. She sang me one of her songs and gave me the strength to bend the bars.

Wirt: I'm sorry. Who's Blu?

Federico reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded up photo. Mitch took it and opened it while he and Wirt looked.

Mitch's eyes grew wide when he saw the striking resemblance between her and Bubbles. It was then that he recalled the PowerPunks.

This world had their own alternate versions of everyone? Did he have a copy here? Did you?

Wirt: Hey, isn't that....

Federico: She was bought my Mister H when she was just a child. Her voice has a sort of magical property that he uses to swindle others.

Paola: And to manipulate the other performers.

Mitch: Where is she now?

Federico sighed.

Federico: Back with Mister H. Along with your sword and whatever else they took from you.

Mitch and Wirt looked at each other. Your friend remembered that time worked differently here. Every day is a mere minute or so in your world.

Wirt just groaned while Mitch turned back to the performers.

Mitch: Well, let's go see if we can do something about it.

Power Up!:
Mitch's Preformance

Mitch had no idea what he was doing. Not really. He wasn't a hero like you or the girls. He definitely wasn't a knight. So why the heck was he watching the Circus through a telescope ready to lead a rescue mission?

Night had since fallen over the campgrounds and the night's show was in full swing. The performers were giving it their all. Behind the curtain watching was none other than Mister H.