Chapter 1: friends?

𝕆𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕨𝕠 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕕 𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕔𝕜 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕓𝕪 𝕒 𝕘𝕚𝕣𝕝 𝕚𝕟 𝕒 𝕓𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕜, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕥-𝕤𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕕 𝕔𝕣𝕠𝕡 𝕥𝕠𝕡 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕣𝕚𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕕 𝕛𝕖𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕤𝕥.
𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕗-𝕓𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕗-𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕚𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒 𝕓𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕥𝕙 𝕨𝕣𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕕 𝕒𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕, 𝕠𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤.
𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕡𝕖𝕕 𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕞𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕦𝕟𝕝𝕠𝕒𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕒𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕣.
"𝕤𝕙𝕖'𝕤 𝕊𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕒𝕟 𝕠𝕕𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘 𝕝𝕒𝕕𝕪...𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕚𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕤𝕒𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘" 𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖'𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕞𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕓𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙.
𝕂𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕖, 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕠𝕗 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕗𝕠𝕝𝕕.
𝕞𝕒𝕪𝕓𝕖 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕓𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕕... ℕ𝕠, 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕤𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕦𝕟𝕝𝕠𝕒𝕕 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕤.
𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤, 𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕥, 𝕟𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥.

𝔸𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕒𝕟 𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕠𝕗 𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕒𝕩𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕞 𝕠𝕗 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖, 𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕘𝕠 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕩𝕡𝕝𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕔𝕜.
𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕨 𝕠𝕟 𝕒 𝕡𝕒𝕚𝕣 𝕠𝕗 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕟𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕠𝕣.
𝕆𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕠𝕥𝕥𝕠𝕞 𝕗𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕣 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕒 𝕕𝕠𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕞𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕝𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕒 𝕘𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕟.
𝕃𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕤𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕙𝕖𝕣, 𝕜𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖 𝕤𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕨 𝕚𝕥 𝕠𝕡𝕖𝕟.
𝕀𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝕒 𝕘𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕟.
𝕀𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕗𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕕 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕗𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕓𝕚𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕤𝕖𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕖𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕚𝕥.
That's when she noticed the girl from earlier sitting below a palm tree, reading a newspaper.
After thinking for a while Katie decided to go and talk to her, even if she seemed kinda happy where she was.

Katie approached the strange girl slowly and quietly, unsure of how she'd react.
She walked up to her and lightly tapped her on the shoulder before sitting down next to her.
The strange girl looked over at katie before speaking in a very soft tone.
"hello...?" the strange girl spoke, bearly opening her mouth as she did so.
" hi, im katie, it's nice to meet you" Katie said, extending her hand for the girl to shake.
The strange girl hesitated for a second before shaking her hand in return to the gesture, revealing a pale hand with claw-like nails.
"I'm Violet, it's nice to meet you too..."she said, barely opening her mouth once again, while placing her hand back into her pocket.
Katie, still quite stunned by what she just saw, was determined to continue the conversation.
" so, what sort of stuff are you into?" She asked, moving closer to Violet.
"Well, I mainly read horror stories and stuff..." she muttered.
"Ooh, cool, I like horror too!" Katie practically screamed.
The two girls fell silent for a while.
"Hey Violet, why do you mutter all the time?" Katie questions, slightly tilting her head to the side.
Violet said absolutely nothing, she only smiled, revealing two rows of sharp teeth.
"Do you wanna have a sleepover?" Katie asked, wanting to learn more about the strange girl.
"Wouldn't it be kinda unsafe to invite someone you've just met to a sleepover?" Violet reasoned.
"No, it's fine" Katie responded, grabbing violets hand and beginning to drag her back to her room.
"Like every classic horror movie-" Violet began, getting cut off mid sentence by Katie dragging her faster.