CHAPTER 5 - Behind you...

WARNING - Big OMORI spoilers up ahead! I'm setting up this warning specifically for a friend of mine, who wanted to be warned about whenever something important happens.

_

OMORI and Co. entered the forested tunnel, as a giant shoe styled into a house was seen in the nearby distance. He walked forward, but before he could reach it, BASIL rushed in front of the group. He pulled out a camera, and smiled brightly.

"Say cheese!"

Before THE BATTER could even do anything, there was a bright flash. BASIL looked at the photo, and laughed nervously.

"Aww, it came out kind of blurry... Well, that's okay. That gives it character. Hope you don't mind the photo..."

AUBREY ran over to BASIL.

"Of course we don't mind! I wanna see it!"

"O-Oh, sure thing."

AUBREY went next to BASIL, and peered down at the photo.

Everyone was in it, but it was indeed blurry. Everyone was there. If you looked closely, you could see the top of THE BATTER's baseball cap poking out behind HERO.

"We look so cute!" She chirped.

HERO strolled to the opposite side of BASIL, looking at the photo.

"How's my hair?"

KEL rushed in front of BASIL, bouncing excitedly.

"I WANNA SEE!! I WANNA SEE!!"

OMORI slowly trodded towards BASIL, THE BATTER stepping a little closer just to prevent the distance between them from growing too great. BASIL turned around, his face brightening when he noticed his best friend approaching him.

"Oh, hey OMORI! Did you want to look at the photo too?"

BASIL handed the photo to OMORI. OMORI fiddled with the edges of the photo for a moment. Everyone in the photo was smiling, other than THE BATTER, whose face wasn't wasn't fully shown, and his own. OMORI glanced at THE BATTER, wondering how he felt about this... BASIL looked at where OMORI was looking, and his eyes landed on THE BATTER.

"What's wrong, OMORI? Does it have something to do with BATTER?"

OMORI slowly nodded, and once again gave BASIL a seemingly telepathic look.

"You're wondering if he's comfortable with getting photos taken of him? Oh gosh, I never thought of that... why don't we ask him?"

Before BASIL and OMORI could ask him, KEL butted in.

"Hey, BASIL! I didn't know you got chummy with THE BATTER! Are you calling him a nickname already?"

"Ah... well, I just thought it'd be better to just call him BATTER, because just calling him THE BATTER sounds like as if we're comparing him to an object."

"Ohhh... I see, I see! Hey, can I call you that too?" KEL called out, grabbing THE BATTER's attention.

"Yes. Call me what you want."

"AWESOME! Okay, BATTER! Is BATTS alright?"

"...Yes." THE BATTER said, begrudgingly. His title was getting even more twisted...

"BATTS, come look at the photo! You can see your hat stickin' out from behind HERO!" KEL waved THE BATTER over, as he obediently complied to the childish demand. He looked down at the blurry photo, and huffed.

"It's colorful."

"Of course it is! It's a photo, BATTER. Do the photos where you're from not have any color?" BASIL asked.