iv. bittersweet

"why did you say that?", he asked, pouting.

"why did i say that?! you'll never be able to go back to the moon. you didn't know it so that's why you're stupid", she answered with a sigh.

"why?", he asked for the millionth time that day.

"because.. it is like that. if a moon rabbit comes here without the moon goddess's consent, it'll never be able to go back. if you don't know why, it's because she created you.", she began.

"but-", he tried to ask but got cut off.

"shush. let me complete my words.", she said.

"you know here, in the human world, if a kid wants to go to a park or just somewhere like a hangout with their friends, they have to ask their parents for permission."

"the only difference here is that. in the place of a kid are moon rabbits like you. and your parent is the moon goddess. so shouldn't you have asked for permission from her?", she asked.

Jungkook thought for a second and answered a 'yes'.

"and see the consequences of not doing so. don't you want to go back?"

"yes but you said i can't", he answered

"right."

no word came from Jungkook. he felt bittersweet. he can never go back but he can stay with you forever. huh, he thought.

"what would have happened if i ask permission from the goddess?", he finally asked.

"stupid question but yeah the answer is, when you want to go back, she'll provide you a portal."

"oh. so that means she won't provide a portal for me. i can stay with Y/N forever now, right?", he enthused.

"oh boy, you can't forever. you'll have to find a way to the moon in two years!", she corrected him.

"how will i know if two years passed? and how will i go back?"

a bunch of questions emerged in his mind. but he only asked two because he could see how annoyed Mrs Kim was. it was easy peasy for him to identify a human's emotions. he can't stand the fact that Mrs Kim only gives off negative emotions to him.

"my child, empty your brain and get into the cage. Y/N will come here soon. and when 2 years pass, i'll come to remind you, okay?", she said and patted his head.

"okay."

a/n: these chapters are tiny i know. i promise, it'll get better :)