Wanna hang?

"Just another TERRIBLE day of school" my friend complains to me. I wasn't really paying attention because there was only one thing on my mind "Oh what happened?" I replied trying to sound as genuine as possible. I would tell you what her response was but like I said I had my mind occupied on something else. The day flew by pretty fast and lunch was just 5 minutes away. I started packing up my things and brought up my plans to my friend "hey you know when I told you I like brayden? Well I was thinking that maybeeee I should ask for his phone number" I had a worried look on my face assuming she would say that was a terrible idea but boy was I wrong. " OMG yesssss!!!! You should totally do it. Are you gonna ask him out too? Can you text me as soon as he says yes?!?! I'm so excited for you I can't wait!!!" She was getting way to excited like he would actually say yes when I asked him. "I don't even know if he'll say yes! What if he doesn't? That'll be so embarrassing.... I will crawl in a hole and die if that happens oh my fucking god" I was starting to get worried but my friend was just all smiley and giggling like a white girl who just got a free Chai tea latte. I walked down stairs the slowest I could have and I swear atleast 58 people hit me trying to go around me. I was now dreading the thought of asking him. At this point every possible bad thing that could've happened I was thinking of in regards of him saying no and someone coming into the school and shooting me. (Yea I know I'm crazy) The bell was about to ring and I was on the verge of walking out of the school but I couldn't handle the scolding of my mom if I did. I saw him in the hallway walking to our next period and blushed at the thought of him saying yes. Wow I was already blushing from thinking about this , I can't with myself sometimes. I walked into the room right before the bell rang and went to sit by my friend even though that wasn't my assigned seat. At this point the teacher didn't care because I always ended up sitting by him anyways. I told him my whole plan and he was so excited for me (not nearly as much as the friend before) At this point I couldn't back down because 2 people already knew about it and would be disappointed if I didn't follow through. The teacher gave us our work and went to sit at her desk leaving all the kids to struggle with the work they didn't understand. For the first time ever I actually understood something so I took this as my opportunity to ask him. I walked over to the girl sitting next to him because she kept giving me a look signaling me to help her. I stood in between them and started helping her and he asked me to help him too. I was explaining it to both of them and because of state testing our classes were shorter than usual. This was the BEST opportunity and I can't believe it just presented itself to me. He still needed help so I told him to give me his phone. I hesitantly grabbed it and put my number in his phone with my name and a heart. I could see him smile at the name out of the corner of my eye. "Text me later if you still need help" I told him as I walked away. I grabbed my stuff and gave my friend the "omfg bitch did you see thattttt" kind of look and he understood right away. I made sure to have a big enough distance between me and brayden in the hallway so that  he didn't hear me talking about him. "I cannot believe what just happened" I said with a stunned look on face. "You go bitch now all you have to do is ask to hang out" he said with a smirk slowly growing on his face. We changed the subject and we were talking about the project that we had. Sadly we had to part so we could go to our next classes but I had his number so I made sure to text him all of class. I was thinking about Brayden for the rest of the day and to be honest I don't remember what any of my teachers said during any of our classes. The end of the day slowly approached as I sat and listened to music. I was zoned out and didn't even realize that the bell was about to ring. Everyone started packing up and then the bell rang. I rushed to gather my stuff and get my back pack so I could leave. Looking at my phone the whole way out of the school I almost tripped down the stairs which luckily nobody saw because I was one of the last people in the school. An hour had passed since I got home and that's when it happened *bing* it was a text from Brayden "hey I can't understand this dumb assignment do you wanna hang out so we can figure this out?"