Forever With You

This is on my ao3 account, Alda so don't accuse me of stealing it please.
___________________________

Thorin's POV

Bilbo, how I wish to feel the warmth of your skin. I regret everything I have done to you, I am sorry, my love.

Fili, Kili and I watch over you in The Shire, we protect you at night as the darkness blankets over Bag End. We are forever in your debt, as you are the reason we made it to Erebor, the reason we took back the mountain. You are a gift to this world and all those who live in it shall remember how a small Hobbit like you was able to cross the borders of The Shire, travel halfway across the land, defend yourself from Orcs, escape from the Goblin tunnels, maneuver around a sleeping dragon's hoard, and effectively steal the heart of a cold Dwarf.

You gave me life when I felt weak, you made me smile when I felt desolate, yet, you made me cry when it was least expected. All this was done on one adventure. To reclaim Erebor and locate the Arkenstone.

After retaking the mountain, the Gold Sickness overtook my emotions, I was unable to control the monster I became. My emotions ran wild, they would swirl inside me like a fatal storm, ready to strike. I regret my decisions, I was acting like a fool. I am sorry for my words, I am sorry for my actions.

Once the Elves, Ironfoot's, Men, the Dwarves of Erebor and I were on the battlefield, the dwarf I once was came back. I knew then that if I was to die that day, I would die full of courage. Orc after Orc I slayed, the adrenaline kicking in. However, never once did you leave my mind. I knew, or thought, you were safe on your journey home but despite that knowledge, a searing pain in my heart continued to burn. Despite this, I kept fighting, for you. When Dwalin, Fili, Kili and I made it to Ravenhill, we searched for Azog, but we then realised it was all a trap. It was all just a clever scheme to get us all together, and then kill us. Fili's death hurt me. Watching as he tried to make us leave, as his final breath was wasted on urging us to go, seeing the colour leave his usually bright eyes, experiencing the wave of sadness. It hurt. I charged towards the other side of the ice lake, running with all the energy I was able to give.

Battling with Azog wasn't easy, both of us were powerful warriors, experienced in the art of war. Each getting an advantage once the other exposes their weakness. I thought once he was in the lake, he would die. But I was wrong, I ended up back down, with Azog above me, his blade inching closer and closer towards my chest. I pushed against his blade with my sword, yet I failed. The blade pierced my chest, sinking deeper as time moved. I grabbed my sword with all the strength a could muster, and stabbed it into Azog's chest. I urged it to go deeper, and deeper it went. After I knew he was dead, I got up and walked to the edge of Ravenhill. I knew death was upon me and my nephew's. As my muscles failed, I fell to the ground feeling heavier and heavier.

That was when you appeared beside me. I grasped the edge of your elbow, wanting you to come near, but not having the ability to pull you closer. I remember apologising to you for all the wrong I did, yet it was unnecessary as you had already forgave me. My last moments as an actual person was spent feeling heavy and in pain, yet full of love, happiness and pride. As my soul slipped from my body, I watched as you cried. It tore me into pieces. I reached out to grab your arm, but it slipped through your body. I recall crying out in emotional pain, knowing no one else would hear. After watching you for a few minutes, I turned around seeing Fili and Kili. That day we vowed to protect you, and we will. We will never leave your side. We're forever with you.