CHAPTER 413: a loyal follower

Lu Tian stares down at his assistant and he couldn't describe the feeling he was having. However, one thing he knows for sure is that his assistant is indeed a man not from this universe.

Standing next to the father of her child, Yue Ling also stares down at Xu Long. However, her expression held bewilderment unlike the man.

She had always thought the people around her had weird personalities, but comparing to Xu Long, her team can be considered normal.

Clearing her throat to hide the urge to laugh, she smiles to the assistant.

"Assistant Xu, if you are hungry, we bought food."

Xu Long stares at his boss with an agape mouth. When he heard his lady boss, he turns to look at her. The second he saw her smile his mind went blank.

Her smile alone is very pleasant, and he can see why his boss dotes on her so much.

However, behind that smile that can make any man's heart flutter, he knows that she is doing her best not to laugh at him.

Just as he thought this, he finally realized he is sitting on the floor.

"..."

Awkwardness poured over him like a bucket of ice-cold water. He slowly helps himself up and decides to ignore the eyes of everyone.

If possible, he would like a hole to magically appear so he can hide in it forever.

First, Yiqing hugged the floor and now it's him sitting on the floor looking for food.

Now the lady boss and her team must be thinking the people on Lu Tian's side are a bunch of weirdoes.

After Xu Long's brief moment of self-embarrassment, everyone gathered around to eat the food brought by Yue Ling and Lu Tian.

Even more surprising was when they found out that it was Lu Tian who decided to buy them food and the delicious food was bought from Elegancy.

Everyone has long heard about the five-star restaurant and knows how hard it is to even book a reservation. To think they would be eating such fine dining food.

As each person finished eating, Yue Ling and Lu Tian had already finished their lunch before everyone.

Yue Ling was not that hungry, so she only ate a little as the same with Lu Tian. Of course, the reason why Yue Ling ate was all because Lu Tian's eyes never left her unless she consumed something.

Approaching the three monitors Liu Shan had set up, both individuals sat in the chairs and looks at the many camera recordings.

Yue Ling's bluish green eyes scans each image like an eagle soaring the clear blue sky.

"Boss."

From behind, Qi Li's voice sounds as he approach the couple. Lifting his hand, he points to an image on the monitor to the left.

"That car has been parking there the past week without moving."

Yue Ling glance to the image pointed by Qi Li. It was a black Mercedes but an older model with dark tinted windows. If anyone were to pass by the car, they would have difficulty looking inside.

For the people walking through the street, the car would look like a normal vehicle owned by someone working nearby or making a quick stop. However, since Qi Li pointed it out, she trust his judgment.

From the moment he became her subordinate, his eyes has never been wrong. One look and he is able to tell who is the enemy.

Staring at the car on the monitor, Yue Ling's eyes slightly narrow.