You Fail!

No One POV:

"Drop us from the program?! That means we can never become a ninja! You said if we couldn't get the bells we would go back to the Academy! You can't change your mind and kick us out! Why would you do that?!" 

Naruto screamed, kicking his feet while he was tied up to the pole.

"I'm sorry Naruto, but unfortunately he can do that," Y/n said softly. He also couldn't believe what was happening as well. The three of them not only can't become a ninja but they also can't go to the Academy. 

Though he realizes that he said three, not four, so who's the safe one?

"Because you don't think like a ninja. You think like little kids. Like brats." Kakashi stated. Sasuke narrowed his eyes and charge at his sensei.

Y/n didn't have enough time to react when he now see that Kakashi had pinned Sasuke down in an instant.

"You think it's all about you." Kakashi continued as if nothing was happening to him and as if he was not sitting on thirteen-year-old Genin. Sasuke's struggled to get out of the grip he's in.

"Let go of Sasuke right now! How dare you sit on him like some bug!" Sakura screamed at him. 

Kakashi turned at them as he glared a bit. "You don't know what it means to be a ninja. You think this is a game huh?" Kakashi demanded, his voice is like as if he was about to reach a venom-style tone, "Why do you think we put you on a squad? Did that cross your mind for a moment?"

"I don't know what you mean!" Sakura answered being hopeless. 

Y/n couldn't believe what was going on, this whole thing is going crazy. Even though he's not a fan of Sakura he knows that he has good grades and has some good knowledge, yet she can't figure out why the test was set up and why there's a squad?

"I mean...you never saw the true meaning of this exercise! Not even close!" Kakashi said. "What it's about?" Naruto asks. "Yes, what determines whether you pass or fail," Kakashi answered. "I mean...I wanted to know-"

"It's teamwork."

They all turn to Y/n as he looks up at them and repeated what he said, "The whole test was about teamwork." All three of them look shocked. 

"...Just working together. Is that what you mean?" Sakura slowly asks.

Kakashi rolled his eyes. "That's exactly what he means. Too late now, if all four of you work together and came at me, Y/n wouldn't be able to almost grab the bell."

"Wait but Y/n didn't get the bell so how come he gets to pass!" Sakura yelled getting mad. "You also set the exercise up with four people, but with three bells! If we were to work together to take them, only three of us could keep one, it would leave us to a conflict!"

"Exactly, I purposely pitted you against each other. I wanted to see if you would overcome that fact. But no... it never even crossed your minds." Kakashi said with anger in his voice, "Sakura! You are obsessed with Sasuke, who was gone, while you did absolutely nothing to help your OTHER teammate. Even after Y/n saved you, you abandoned him in an attempt to find Sasuke again!"

Sakura looked down in shame.

"Naruto! You did everything alone. Everything. You even rejected your best friend's help!" Kakashi move on to Naruto with a glare, he looked taken back.

Kakashi turned his glare to Sasuke. "And you Sasuke thought the others were so far beneath you that they were worthless. Arrogance," He hissed, putting so much venom into his words.

"Meanwhile for Y/n. Though he didn't take the bell he was the closest out of everyone. He even knew the whole meaning of the test! He asks every one of you guys to team up against me...but none of you guys didn't. That's why he passes and it's officially a ninja." Kakashi said but there was a small amount of appreciation to Y/n.