Forever and Always

As the rain pattered against the window, my breath fogged the glass. My hands fiddled in my lap, fingers crossing together like string on a weave. I felt cold, though the car was turned on. Heater blowing warm air into my face. 

Gently Beethoven played over the car radio. He let me have the aux when I wanted it. Not only was it Beethoven, it was symphony No. 9. A classic favorite of mine. 

The rain was falling hard and fast, he'd surely be soaked when he got back to the car. But that was a matter for another time. I missed his presence. The energy that engulfed me when he was around. The way i could feel the love he has for me radiating off of him. 

Although he had only been gone for 15 minutes. It felt like the world around me was not built for me to be alone. I was built to be with him and that was all I needed. As Clair De Lune started playing the driver side door opened. He quickly sat down and closed the door, pulling an orange envelope out of his shirt. It had minimal water damage.

"It's done," His gentle voice carried to my ears before he quickly pecked my cheek, shifting the car from park to drive. As his left hand sat on the wheel, his right reached over for mine. I gave him it and he gently rubbed a circle with his thumb. "I love you" I said, looking at the way his face turned red, and a smile grew across his cheeks. "I love you," he pulled my hand to his mouth and kissed it.He was my forever and always.