Prologue

A Urskek named ViaEla strode with the lord SoSu on the new planet, Thra, the others of their kind trailing behind the two, the Urskek female looking around at this new world with curiosity and awe. She noticed MalVa starting at her and smiled at him, thinking not much of it. After all, back home, all used to stare at and adore her... Until her taint was found out. Now, here she was with the rabble, to cure herself.

She glanced up at SoSu with adoration in her gaze, reaching up a hand to rest upon their leader's shoulder, not seeing the envious glare of a few of their company. SoSu reached a hand to meet hers, giving the female a gentle look of pride.

She saw a glimmer ahead, and gasped in awe, rushing to it, despite the cries of the others to stop, to slow down, to wait. Panting, she entered the chamber, and her eyes widened in awe at the sight of their salvation. The Crystal of Truth.

ViaEla dropped to her knees, and bowed her head, whispering prayers and her dreams, her hopes, her wishes, even as the others rushed in. SoSu patted her back before he approached the Crystal, but something was... Wrong.

Done with her prayers, ViaEla looked up, only for her eyes to widen as she saw SoSu holding a carving tool, and something deep down screamed in horror at it. "SoSu? What-".

Then, to her horror, SoSu roared as he struck the Crystal with his tool, a loud panging echoing within the chamber, within her, and within her comrades. She screamed, as did the others, as something split in them. The three brothers of the sky shone upon them, and ViaEla felt herself burn, split, twist. It hurt. It hurts!

The light faded away, but it still burned within... Via. No Ela. Ella was gone. Via screamed, wailed, as did the others: Ekt, Lach, Tek, Ok, Ung, Var, Sa, Zok. So was silent.

Via opened her eyes, and tears rushed out of her golden orbs, and she saw chaos. Some kind of creatures, two kinds, laying about, screaming, wailing, tearing at themselves.

She looked at herself in a crystal nearby, and shrieked, horrified. Her beauty turned into a monstrosity, her feathers a dark gold, hints of black among her scaled body, and a beak akin to the birds of this world.

This was wrong!

And that is how the Skeksis Empire began. The Skeksis quickly turned to kind words, gestures, and wars to conquer and control. The Urru turned to the gentle arts, hiding themselves to be safe from their darker halves, except one. That Mystic, Ela, was wrong in all ways. But this is Via's story, not Ela's.