𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

PROLOGUE: THE TALE OF THE BROTHER SUN AND SISTER MOON

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE MOON WAS a wraith-silver disc hanging in the lonely sky. It was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the cold. It was a vastness to bring humbleness and an eternal space to bring gratitude for the coziness of home. A little girl named Moon-Young climbed up the small platform to observe the beautiful night sky before her.

It was in the late evening of the twenty-third of August 2009 when her father brought her and her twin brother, Jae-Hyuk, to the university he was teaching in. The twins' father, Seo-Jun, was an astrophysics professor, passionate about the celestial bodies outside their planet. As the young girl's eyes remained glued to the sky, anxiously waiting to see the first stars through the clouds, she grabbed her twin brother's arm and pulled him close to her. He was nearing the edge of the open window and she feared he might fall over if he leant further.

Her twin, Jae-Hyuk, was an adventurous individual. He was the type of kid who would not stop on getting an answer to his question especially if he was curious, resulting in her always keeping an eye on him. After all, she was the eldest between them, she came out first. "Aish! Ya!" complained Jae-Hyuk, quickly pulling himself away from Moon-Young's tight grasp. "What's your problem?"

The girl, not moving her gaze away from the sky, nonchalantly replied with, "You're leaning too closely to the edge. You'll fall."

"But, I want to see what's down there." argued Jae-Hyuk, pouting.

"Your sister is right, Jae-Hyuk. A little closer and you might slip and fall." Their father walked over and picked him up, carrying him in his arms. "You don't want to worry me and your sister, right?"

The young boy shook his head, wrapping his arms around his father. "No, I don't want you to worry, appa. You look old when you do."

Seo-Jun dramatically gasped. "I look old? Ya, Moon-Young, does appa look old?"

"Jae-Hyuk said you look old when you worry."

"Oh, so that means I should not worry?"

Moon-Young nodded, exhibiting a big smile that reached her eyes. "Yes."

"Then, you two must not give me a reason to worry." He verbalized, sauntering over near the telescope. "Come here, you two. I want to show you something." Putting his hand at the girl's shoulder, he lowered down the viewing instrument to her height, enabling her to grab it. "Now, what you two are seeing is the moon and the sun is - "

"The bright sphere that is above us during the day?"

"Yes, son. That bright sphere is the sun, but many scientists say that it is not a perfect sphere." He explained with enthusiasm. Seo-Jun always loved talking to his children about his passion for outer space. It was only the time where they got to bond since most of the time, he was busy with his work. "Anyways, the sun is a 4.5 billion-year-old star - a hot glowing ball of hydrogen and helium at the center of our solar system. Without its energy, life as we know it could not exist here on our home planet."