When All Is Said And Done ≫ Sharpclaw x Exiled! Sister! Reader (PLATONIC)

Art: thebestandmostvalidwcdesigns

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Angst

You stared blankly ahead at the path that was leading you down the mountainside, struggling to stay alert as the chill of the night crept under your fur. Normally you would be settling down in your warm nest next to your fellow warriors right now, but you didn't have fellow warriors anymore. You didn't even have a place to call home. The only thing you knew for certain was that you were going somewhere, but you didn't know where exactly. Far away from here. The thought came as bitter and resentful, cold as the strongest blizzard. You didn't want to admit it, but a part of you already missed the cats you had once called your friends. You loved them to no end. At least, until earlier that day. You had been falsely accused by Leafstar of stealing prey from the freshkill pile and feeding a band of vicious rogues that later attacked SkyClan camp and killed Billystorm. Despite your best efforts, your pleas of innocence went unheard, and you were sentenced to exile.

You paused, wincing as a sharp pain flared up in your pad. Lifting your paw, you found a decent-sized thorn lodged in between two of your toes. Hissing quietly in frustration, you sank your teeth into the nuisance and pulled, yanking it free with a small trickle of crimson. I should probably stop for tonight, You decided as you veered off the steep path and onto a small grassy ledge. I've been walking since sunhigh. You found a small overhang hidden by luscious ferns and hollowed out a good-sized space before laying down at resting your chin on your paws. Maybe things will be better tomorrow.

You weren't sure how long you had been asleep for, but you were suddenly jolted awake by the sound of your name being called from somewhere in the distance. You groaned, irritated that your sleep had been interrupted. You first had assumed you had dreamed of the voice, but the moment you let your eyes close for a second time, it rang out again, but closer than before. "(Y/N)! (Y/N), are you out here?" You froze, eyes widening. You recognized that voice. Scrambling to your paws, you pushed your way through the ferns that concealed you and stood on the small overhang, scanning the dark mountainside for the voice's owner. (Y/N)!" There it was again, this time right behind you. You spun around, hackles raised. You suddenly wished you had stayed inside your makeshift den. An achingly familiar pair of green eyes stared back at you, every emotion imaginable fighting inside of them. "(Y/N), it's you! It's really you!" The dark ginger tom laughed happily, leaping down onto the ledge with a big grin on his face. You didn't share the same enthusiasm.

"What do you want?" You asked icily, glaring at him through narrowed eyes. He stared back at you, seemingly taken aback by your hostility. You continued to glare, refusing to let your guard down.

"I couldn't just let you leave, sister. You're my family, and family sticks together." His statement filled you with rage. How dare he say that when he wasn't willing to defend you from your wretch of a leader? You took a step forward, thrusting your muzzle into his face. Your brother swallowed hard, flattening his ears and taking a timid step back.

"Oh family sticks together, does it?" You growled lowly, a snarl rising in your throat. "You weren't saying that when I was being accused of a crime I didn't commit in front of the whole clan!" He gaped for a moment, working his jaw as if struggling to find the right words. Finally he found his voice again, and his words came out as hollow and sad as a dead tree.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). I really am. But there was nothing I could've said or done to change Leafstar's mind. You know how stubborn she is." Do I ever.

"I'm leaving, Sharpclaw," You muttered, turning away from him and leaping back on to the path below. "and I'm never coming back." You didn't care to apologize for the harshness of your tone. Why should you have to apologize for being angry over a false accusation?

"(Y/N), wait! I can fix this, alright? Just let me talk to Leafstar and I'm sure—"

"I said I'm leaving, Sharpclaw!" You snarled, spinning around on your hackles to glare at your brother. "Nothing you say or do will make me want to return to the gorge. I never belonged in a stupid clan to begin with. I'm better off on my own." You saw the tears began to brim in the corners of Sharpclaw's eyes, and you lowered your gaze and let your fur lay flat. "I'm sorry." The dark ginger deputy bowed his head somberly, a few stray tears falling to the ground.

"I understand," He murmured. "Just promise me one thing." You blinked, narrowing your eyes once again.

"What?"

"Promise me that when all is said and done, you'll find me again." You stood still, every emotion possible fighting within you. As hard as it was to accept, you knew what he meant. And as painful as it was to think about, you knew you would find him again, after many years.

"I will." Sharpclaw smiled sadly, then turned away and slowly climbed back up to the path above.

"Goodbye, (Y/N). May StarClan light your path." Then, your brother disappeared into the night like a ghost, leaving you on the lonely mountainside.

Wow, this was actually painful to write. I caught myself tearing up a few times. At least I know I'm not dead on the inside, I guess.

Leaving a vote and a nice comment really helps me out! If you have the time, please feel free to do so!