12

By doctorsorders_deathboy

August

"Thanks again, Jason."

"No problem," Nico's older friend replied, carrying a large cardboard box in his arms.

Nico carried a smaller box, but that was because he would need to be able to open the door once he got to his new dorm room. He walked down the hall, looking at the numbers by each room door, counting until they made it to his. The door was already open a crack. Nico took a deep breath. His roommate must already be there.

Jason nudged him with his shoulder. "You okay?"

The younger boy nodded quickly. "Yeah, yeah I am." He pushed the door open and walked in. Across the room, a tall boy with shaggy blond hair and an orange t-shirt turned around to face him.

"Hi, are you Nico?"

"Y-yeah." Nico wanted to kick himself for stuttering. He had braced himself for the awkwardness of having to meet a new person, but he hadn't expected that new person to be so... well, attractive.

"I'm Will Solace, nice to meet you." He held out his hand, which Nico took before quickly pulling away, surprised by the electricity the touch produced.

"Nice to meet you, too. Uh, this is Jason," Nico introduced, quickly stepping to the side as he gestured to his friend. "He's a sophomore this year."

The two blonds greeted each other as Nico set down his things on the empty bed and looked around the room. Will had already made pretty good progress in unpacking his things, but the room still looked pretty bare so far. They'd have to fix that.

"You ready to go get more boxes, Nico?"

"Yeah, sure."

"You want me to help?" Will offered. "I don't mind."

"Yeah, that'd be great."

Once they'd brought all the boxes up, Jason offered to take the two of them to the burger joint on campus. "I must warn you, though. Once you have a burger there, that's all you'll want to eat for the rest of your life."

"Maybe we could do that tomorrow?" Nico asked. "I'd love to, but I'm not that hungry and still need to unpack all of my things."

"Sure," Jason responded. "Just make sure you eat something, okay?"

"Yes, mom," Nico joked, rolling his eyes.

Jason just laughed and shook his head. "Good luck tomorrow!"

All Nico ended up eating for dinner was a couple granola bars, but it turns out that was all Will needed, too. Will cranked his music and both of them spent the evening setting up their room. By the time they both got in bed to relax, Nico felt slightly more at home. Slightly.

He flipped the page of his book as Will came out of the bathroom, wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. Nico didn't mean to stare, he really didn't, but shit, his roommate was well-built. Nico knew he'd have to find a casual way to bring up his homosexuality soon so that Will would be more aware of situations like this. Either way, Nico was starting to think that maybe college wouldn't be as bad as he thought.