Finale (Beginning of the End)

Author- Life consists of several moments where we often question our decisions. What's right? What's wrong? Hundreds of questions intervene our daily thoughts. Nishant and Pratik's confusing relationship needed time to mend, but the end was near. Will the gradual feelings that sprung in their hearts die down? Or will it stay intact?
___________________________________

*Nishant's pov *

Today is the finale. I've got mixed feelings in my heart. I feel anxious yet so relieved at the same time. Relieved because this stressful and hectic journey is finally ending. Anxious because it's probably the last time I will seeing Pratik.

Today is our finale, but this exactly feels like the premiere. The day we met. It feels like just yesterday, that we crashed to each other and fell at the backstage of the premieres. We used to be such fools back then! *laughs* we still are fools tho.

I just hope he wins. I have seen his journey and looking at how far he has come and how eagerly he wants the trophy, I want to see him lifting it.

___________________________________

*Pratik's pov*

Today is our finale. I am super excited. I have been dreaming of this trophy day in and night. I want to achieve all of my dreams, that's what I was here for anyway.

But, losing the person who means a lot to you in order to win a trophy...at the end of the day, is it still worth it? What if I never see him again after today? Will I miss him? I guess.

All this while I was so eager to go out of this house because I missed my family so much. But come to think of it, I think I will miss Nishant even more. Every day, every night, we have spent months together. We are leaving the sign of our friendship behind in this house. Our very own 1BHK.

What will be the result? I don't know. All I know is, I don't wanna lose him forever. I wish I could talk to him once before we get out. Will I get a chance?

___________________________________

*The finale stage is set. One after one the performances are about to take place. The contestants have been divided into pairs. Nishant, Pratik and Shamita were alloted together.*

Shamita, excited- Guys, let's go it's our turn to perform. Let's set the stage on fire.

Nishant, looks at Pratik- Shamita you go ahead, I'll follow you in a minute.

*Shamita leaves*

*Nishant walks towards Pratik and casually starts fixing his clothes. Pratik was fidgeting with them for long which Nishant noticed so he came up to him.*

Pratik, caught off guarded- Oh, thanks Nishant. I really was struggling with it.

Nishant, focused- I can see that. You still cannot wear things properly by yourself, can you?

Pratik, mocks casually- Yeah, I guess- but why should I worry? You are always there to set them up for me anyway.

Nishant- I won't always be there.

*The seriousness in Nishant's voice hits Pratik. He stops smiling and has a sudden realisation. But this time, a sad one.*

*Nishant finishes settling and heads towards the backstage where Shamita was waiting for them.*

Pratik, in a serious tone- Did you come to fix my clothing only because we were getting late or were you actually worried?

*Nishant doesn't turn back*