𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑; 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

After the Queen's unexpected visit to the Modiste, and her bombshell of news, Florence needed out of that shop. She had made some silly excuse for needing a break, and took to the town before Madame Delacroix could even comprehend what was happening.

Florence was moving on autopilot, and when she woke from her daze, she found herself looking out at the races that were partaking that afternoon. The seats were filled to their brim, with the overflow of people gathering around their friends as they stood by the seating. Small markets had popped up around the racecourse, and members of the ton milled around in their formal attire, their cares up in the air and not on their minds.

"Florence?" A familiar voice called, the girl spinning around in a confused daze. She was still unsure how she had managed to get to the courses without knowing her destination, but she was thankful to see a familiar face. "What are you doing here? I didn't think you could make attendance," Eloise said, hastily moving towards where Florence stood.

"Ah, yes, that was the original plan," Florence nodded, the words feeling as if they were stuck in her throat. She was barely comprehending what the Queen had told her, and her mind whirled with possibilities of what was to follow.

"What's wrong?" Eloise asked sincerely, peering at the girl with concern, "And do not say nothing, because I can see something is clearly plaguing your mind. Has something happened?"

"Eloise!" Lady Bridgerton called deep in the crowd, as the woman searched for her second daughter, and the main focus of the woman's season. Florence and Eloise turned to try and find the highly respected woman; she came into sight a few moments later.

"Ah, Eloise. Miss Florence! I wasn't aware you were to be joining us this afternoon, what a lovely surprise," Florence could barely hear the woman's kind words, her mind simply replying the words over and over again in her mind; not thriving under her leadership, another host for the season. "Dear?" Lady Bridgerton asked with concern, as Eloise placed a gentle, kind hand on Florence's shoulder.

Florence was unsure what it was, but despite having known the Bridgerton for a short while, she felt safe around them. She didn't feel as if she was a burden or causing an issue, which is why she had no problem with explaining what had overrun her mind. She was embarrassed to admit that during her explanation some tears fell, but she couldn't help it; her life was being upturned once more, and all she wished in this cruel world was for some stability, even for a mere few months.

Once her tears had dried and Eloise and Lady Bridgerton were all caught up in her dilemma, Lady Bridgerton sighed. "Well," She said, "That simply won't do. I shall speak with the Queen, she favors me now with Daphne's status as Duchess and her successful season last year. I'm going to make this right for you, Florence, I swear it".

"We're going to make sure it all turns out alright, promise," Eloise chimed in.

"Is everything alright over here?" Benedict asked, appearing from out of nowhere. Eloise gasped in surprise, but Florence was so overwhelmed with everything that was happening the boy's appearance had barely startled her. Lady Bridgerton didn't appear fazed by her son's actions; Florence figured she was used to her children's shenanigans by now.

"The Queen is removing me from Madame Delacroix's care," Florence summarized quickly, "I'm being placed with someone else for the season, but I do not know when or with who".

"I plan to speak with the Queen, help guide her in the right direction to a house that would be suitable for Florence," Lady Bridgerton added, "I only plan the best for Miss Florence".

"So why not take her on yourself?" Benedict asked, voicing a thought that hadn't entered anyone else's mind. Eloise's face lit up at the suggestion, as Florence felt a surge of panic enter her chest. She knew the Bridgertons were a large family, consisting of Lady Bridgerton, the four Bridgerton boys, alongside the four daughters.

"That's a brilliant idea!" Eloise exclaimed, as Florence said in the same moment, "I couldn't possibly burden you all more".

"Nonsense!" Benedict declared, as Lady Bridgerton appeared to be struggling slightly with the conversation at hand, "Anthony is helping Eloise through her season as he helped Daphne, so I could help Florence. Mama, you are more than capable of hosting Florence alongside Eloise, and it might even help Eloise with her debut. Having another debutante in the house with Daphne might aid her with everything".

Benedict had made a solid point, but Florence knew that taking on a debutante was no small task. She simply couldn't ask the Bridgerton to do that, not for her.

"I would definitely perform better if Florence was alongside me for the season," Eloise piped up, prepared to do whatever she needed to keep her friend with her.

"I can't ask this of you, I'm sure you are already overrun for this season," Florence countered, but both Benedict and Eloise shook their heads in disagreement.

"It is all but sorted," Benedict declared, "Right, mama?" He asked, looking to Lady Bridgerton for confirmation.

Florence felt sorry for the woman, as she searched for the words she needed. It was clear her mind was overwhelmed with thoughts, but she also looked sorry for the girl. "I would have to speak with Her Majesty about it, because it appears she has taken charge of Florence's predicament. I can only allow this, Benedict, if you are certain you can aid Florence this season. Anthony simply cannot do it, with Eloise and the rest of your siblings, a top his attempts to find a wife this season, you would be entirely in charge of Florence, with my aid. Can you do this, dearest?"

Eloise and Florence looked to Benedict. Florence knew she shouldn't be as happy as she was, but in the short time she had known the Bridgertons, she had become extremely fond of them. They were kind and compassionate, alongside playful and casual around one another. Their family dynamic made her jealous, though she refused to ever admit it.

Benedict nodded after a mere moment of thought. "I can do this, mama".

Eloise squealed in happiness, as a smile broke out on Florence's face. Eloise hugged the other girl with delight, as Lady Bridgerton made her son swear again that he was up for the challenge.

It was decided. Lady Bridgerton still had to clear it with the Queen, but it was a good as done. Florence would be staying with the Bridgertons that season, with Benedict personally aiding her through the months to come.

And Florence couldn't be happier.