-Chapter 3-

Hell, he was beautiful. I was almost in shock, but I composed myself. I was about to start screaming. Of course, the man I was supposed to kill was inhumanly beautiful. Our eyes stayed interlocked, we both had hard expressions on our faces. It was clear neither of us had the desire to be in this position. My heart was still hammering in my chest, and I balled my fists tightly at my sides. I made sure to appear confident. Show no weakness.

His tan, smooth skin was glowing under the chandelier light of the castle's main hall. His unruly dark black hair was gelled down, but some strands got loose. His hands were tucked into the front pockets of his black dress pants. I couldn't help but my eyes traveled upwards. The sleeves of the satin black button up he had on was rolled up to elbows. The buttons around the collar of his neck were unfastened, showing slight bareness of his chest. His biceps were basically bulging from the sleeves, and I bit my lip nervously.

"Marco." My dad's voice boomed, ripping me from my thoughts. The king of Gaiden didn't even flinch. Both fathers stared intensely at one another. "Stefen." Marco spoke back. Gabriella, better known as the Queen of Gaiden, was shaking in fear. I rolled my eyes at her petite, cowardly figure. She was beautiful though.

My mother on the other hand stood next to my father with strong posture and a cold, hard expression on her face. Her blonde hair tied tightly behind her head. My father finally made the first move, walking powerfully over to Marco and grabbing his hand tightly. They gave a firm handshake before my father harshly gestured me over. I made sure to sway my hips as I walked and keep my back tall and straight. Leo looked at me intensely, with fire behind those icy eyes.

Once I was standing next to my father, he looked me up and down. His eyes traveled slowly up my body, stopping at my eyes. The fire in his eyes was ignited and I knew I had him hooked. My father almost smiled in amusement as he knew his plan was working. It was disgusting that a father would even find joy in a man looking at his daughter this way. Unfortunately, my father was a psycho.

Leo and Marco looked strikingly similar. Leo just had a slight stubble but was mainly clean shaven and Marco had full facial hair. There was a moment of silence between families. "Let's eat!" My father boomed and my mother smiled and clapped with delight, an effort to brighten the mood. Never have I seen my mother smile. Never. Her smile was beautifully ugly. I guess it was just something I wasn't used to.

My mother led everyone to the dramatically long dining room table. It could probably fit the entire family and staff. My father sat at the head of the table. My mother to the left, me to the right. Leo sat next to me, and his mother sat next to mine. She looked just as horrified as when she first arrived. My mother gave her a warm smile, but I could tell she was feeling anything but warm right now.

It was kind of awkward, a sharp tension hanging in the air. Marco broke the silence with a statement that made my father's fists clench. "How have you been, Marian?" He asked my mother. Her smile fell and she stared at him, a certain vulnerability seen in her eyes. "Fine, Marco. You?" She replied, her voice softer than I ever heard before.

I looked back and forth between the two. What the hell was going on? "Food. Who's ready for food?" My father interrupted. He was uncomfortable, shifting angrily into the antique chairs. As if on cue, the chefs and cook help scurried out, carrying trays and plates of gourmet food. This was the most luxurious food I've received in my entire lifetime. Food meant to impress. Leo gave a side glance before grabbing a plate of steak and mashed potatoes.

I grabbed a small serving. My mother always said, "A women shall never eat more than a man. Even a little less never hurt. Tummy is always tucked." I sucked in before taking a few bites and pushing the plate away. "Full already?" Leo asked and everyone's heads turned to me. I cursed to myself and glared at him. "I had a good lunch." I said politely before dabbing my face with a napkin. My dad cleared his throat, indicating a speech. "Marco, Gabriella," He gestured to the king and queen of Gaiden, "I am happy to unite our kingdoms as one. From this day forward, we remain at peace. No violence, no harm. We shall praise our children for their noble sacrifice," I scoffed, "and wish them well for their healing marriage. May the past be in the past. Long live Gaiden and Facia, as one." I rolled my eyes. My mother gave him a curt nod and Marco rose to his feet. "Stefen, Marian. I am happy to oblige to this coalition. May our children become great rulers." I looked at Leo with full hatred. I despised his stupidly gorgeous face and wanted nothing more than to rip it off and end all of this. I just wanted to save my kingdom.

My dad rose and the men shook hands before the chef brought out tiers of desserts. I rose and excused myself before hiding in the bathroom down the hall. I was stressed and knew I had to talk to Leo one on one soon. If I was going to make him fall in love with me, I needed a head start. I splashed my face lightly with cold water to calm me down before there was a light tapping on the door.

I opened it and Leo was there on the other side. "Athena, Athena, Athena. Beautiful name." He muttered, his voice deep. "Yours is ok." I said blandly before side-stepping him and heading for the dining room. Make him chase me is what I told myself. I felt his warm hand wrap tightly around my wrist. I got flashbacks from when my father slapped me, but this was completely different. He leaned in and whispered in my ear. "I don't chase, amor."

-Sexy
-Anywho thank you to everyone who's still I'm so happyyyyy
-Chapter 4 will be out asap but with school and everything it's kinda rough but I love writing so whatever
-Love y'all 😘