My Favorite Cat ≫ Brightheart x Male! Reader

Art: hatahound

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• None

****

You breathed in the soft evening air as you traversed the well-worn path through the forest, mindful of the way the grass gently brushed your flanks. It was a beautiful evening in ThunderClan, made even more beautiful by the she-cat walking next to you. "It's so pretty out here," She breathed, her single blue eye lighting up with wonder. "I still can't believe it, even after all these moons." You felt your nose turn a darker shade at the sound of her genuine voice.

"Not as pretty as you." She turned to face you, and you once again found yourself getting lost in that gorgeous blue orb.

"You're such a flirt, aren't you?" She purred, gently nudging you forward with her shoulder. "Come on, fluff-brain. You promised me a juicy mouse, remember?" You chuckled, allowing the ginger-and-white she-cat to guide you deeper into the forest.

"Yeah. I remember." You both crested a small hill where a tiny stream ran by. You turned to look at your companion, tickling her shoulder with your tail-tip to get her attention. "This is the place," You purred, chuckling slightly at her innocent expression. "Do you want to drive them from their nest and I can grab as many as I can?"

"Sure," The scarred she-cat said with a shrug. "No matter what, we're still feeding the clan." You nodded in agreement, then leaped onto the other side of the stream and stood in front of the grassy burrow. Brightheart crept up behind it, then slapped the top with a paw. All at once mice began scurrying out in a daze, and you were able to pick off four or five of them. "Nice catch fluff-brain," Your friend purred, raising an eyebrow. "Have you figured out how you're going to fix your poison ivy problem?" You blinked, genuinely confused. That's when you looked down and realized that the prey had chosen a spot next to a patch of the itchy plant, and you had walked straight into it.

****

"Done." Cinderpelt meowed with satisfaction, stepping back to admire her work. You groaned, collapsing into the soft moss as the intense itching finally subsided. The crippled medicine cat raised and eyebrow, shaking her head in amusement. "I admire your determination to make sure your clan is well-fed, (Y/N). I don't know any other warriors who would go romping through a poison ivy patch to get a few mice." You rolled your eyes, biting back a stinging retort.

"Leafbare is coming," You reminded her solemnly. "Warriors need to hunt as much as they possibly can. Without cats like us, the cold moons would be much—" The lichen covering Cinderpelt's den rustled, and a familiar scarred ginger-and-white head popped inside. You smiled softly, your ears warming up. There was nothing that could ever go wrong for you that Brightheart couldn't make better.

"Is he okay?" She meowed anxiously, her blue eye clouded with concern.

"(Y/N) will be fine," Cinderpelt announced professionally, padding across the den to greet her sister. She flashed you an annoyed look, her tail-tip twitching. "A bit egotistical, but fine." You chuckled slightly, ears flattening with embarrassment.

"What can I say? I am the greatest cat in the whole forest." Brightheart smiled softly, padding across the den and gently nuzzling your cheek with her nose.

"You are in my eye," She murmured. "You are my favorite cat, after all." You felt your nose turn a few shades darker, chuckling under your breath at the thought of this kind of attention from a she-cat as pretty as Brightheart. Cinderpelt smiled, taking a step towards the den entrance.

"I think I'll go see if I can find anymore catmint." Once she was gone, Brightheart leaned down and gave you a soft lick on the cheek, a purr rising in her throat. If your nose was dark before, it was the color of the blood in your veins now. The cat you had loved in secret for so many moons just licked your cheek in the most affectionate way possible.

"Brightheart?" You meowed once she had pulled away from you.

"Hm?" She hummed in response, ripping her head off to the side."

"You're my favorite cat, too." She smiled, her nose turning a darker shade of pink.

"I'm glad. Thank you, (Y/N)."

****

Brightheart is the G.O.A.T. I felt so bad for her after the accident T-T

I am still halfway asleep, so I apologize for any errors or anything like that xD Life is hard when you have to work.

I'll try to get some more one-shots written tonight since I don't work on weekends. We'll see, though