Chapter 5

Chapter 5

May/7/2022: Ancient Ruins, Peru:

Nonna's team had been following this hallway for quite some time now. They hadn't seen any sign anyone was here, but they knew they were. Hiding out in the shadows somewhere were their quarry, sleek and silent taking precious care to keep themselves hidden. Something Nonna silently hated these people for. She didn't want any ambushes or other surprise engagements, yet she knew that those types of contact were unavoidable for this type of mission.

A light ahead of the group alerted the lot to activity. Nonna gave up a hand signal and the group crouched down to avoid being seen. Slowly they moved their way towards the hallway exit and upon entering the new room Nonna was met with quite a sight.

The walls and ceiling were the same as the rest of the temple, however in the middle of the room were dozens of armed men moving about and packing up weapons into wooden crates just like the ones outside.

Nonna continued to scan the whole room and one individual caught her eye quite quickly. She saw him standing off to the side of room talking with another person, but Nonna saw his face clearly. It was him, Kai Adachi. Nonna allowed a small smile to cross her lips. After so long of searching and scouring the country Nonna had finally found her quarry. Nonna noticed Austin was next to her and she felt an unconscious feeling to latch onto his arm in celebration, but quickly reminded herself that the two of them aren't on good terms. He'd probably find it condescending if she were to touch him now.

Austin himself noticed Kai Adachi was there in the room. he felt some form of satisfaction that Nonna had been able to track him down, but something confused him. The man Kai was talking to, Austin didn't recognize him, but he could tell that he was also Japanese. The Japanese man wore a suit and tie, surprising for the climate they were in, and had glasses on his face. his hair was black and sleek but then again many Japanese men had that look.

"I see him. Kai Adachi. He's over on the far side of the room." Johnson said motioning over to Kai's position.

"Oh come on we can take them." Butch said enthusiastically.

"Hold your fire Corporal. I want to bring him in for questioning. Him and who ever that other Japanese man is." Nonna said. Butch lowered himself and mumbled.

"That's no fun."

Unbeknownst to most of the group a solitary figure was slowly inching there way towards the group. The man had his arms raised and the rifle in his hands pointed at their backs. The only person who noticed the man was Austin as he felt a presence behind him. Austin felt the man getting closer and when he reached within a certain length away from him he quickly turned and grabbed the barrel of the gun and pointed it into the air. Unfortunately the Peruvian Rebel squeezed the trigger sending bullets flying and catching the attention of the whole room. Austin swung his hand flat and struck the man in the neck discombobulating him before giving a good strong uppercut to the chin. The rebel fell to the ground and before long the Separatists in the room started firing at the group.

Nonna sunk her head down avoiding the bullet fire as the rest of her group began returning what fire they could. Darius noticed more Separatists coming up from behind them, took his MP5, and gunned the man down.

"They're coming from behind us!" Darius shouted.

"Cavendish, Robinson provide covering fire, Mayes take point and lead us out that way!" Johnson ordered his men while pointing to their right at another hallway entrance. "Go!".