A red rose in the flame

A/N some small edits. Fixed author's notes Major update!

Cinder pov

Exhausted that was how she felt. Running and running to get away from the authorities town after town. How could this all go wrong she asked herself she tried so hard, the only friend was the Raging fire inside her, as she once again failed at evading authorities she ran into the woods and hoped she lost them. Nobody sane would follow after a simple robbery suspect in a forest full of grimm. "This is horrible, i deserve happiness, it should be Mine!" She knew these emotions would attract beowolves but, all she wanted was to burn someone. Anything in fire.

Just then something happened that would change the entire universe.

A single cry "wahhhhh!" That sound made her recoil 'shit a baby!?! Who would take a baby out here!' Then she Heard some voice say "Shut that thing up or kill it!" So that's what this was, a kidnapping "Fucking perfect." She knew this was none of her business but she heard a women who seemed to be in pain beg "Please... not... my... daughter!..." That word pissed her off! Well usually that is, but this was genuine fear for another person. "Sigh. Ah fuck it i need to let off some steam anyway!" She said with a sadistic grin.

*snikt* Then the man looked up after hearing a weird sound just in time to see the man holding the baby appear confused. "Hey what's wrong?" But almost as if in answer his head slid off slowly with a *squelch* "!!!" Before he fell the beheader grabbed the baby casually and triped the headless standing corpse to the ground with a *thud* "boy oh boy it appears he lost his head." The woman said with a sadistic laugh. She then pointed the molten hot metal spear at him and said "Run or fight your choice." He spat at her and said "Fucking huntsman!" And ran. she threw her spear and pierced his heart through his back and looked at the baby and said "Sorry you had to see that." As she wiped off the blood on her face.

"Now then." She walked over to the blood covered white cloaked huntress and said "Oi lady i saved your baby!" She said hoping for a monetary reward. But all the women could say was "Ruby..." as she reached up and collapsed the life finally leaving her. "Oh fuck! Now what? I can't take care of a kid! Siiiigh! This day sucks." Then the baby made a noise "you think so too huh? Good to know." She rolled her eyes and said "Well let's get to looting these corpses!"

Two shirts, one blouse, one white(ish) cloak, three pairs of shoes, and about 800 lien. "Not bad all things considered. Sorry we had to strip your mom and burn her." She said to her new pet ruby.
"But hey bright side is we're alive and that's all that matters! Besides i got this cool cloak and huntress license." The baby made a sad sniffle "Ugh listen kid, i'm sorry i'm no doctor! but we left her scythe to at least mark the death site! Anyone who knows her will know she went out protecting you." That didn't seem to help "wahhhh!" This made her groan "Okay okay! I'll take care of you till we find someone more suited for it alright!" She said softly rocking her pet... no her ruby "Shhh, my name is cinder, nice to meet you ruby" said the broken fifteen year old girl, now sporting a genuine smile for the first time in years.

After being alone for so long she kinda liked the idea of having someone who relied on her completely. Then they arrived at the gates of town she simply kept her head down and flashed the huntress license. And the town guards smiled and said "Welcome to our town miss rose!" 'must have been her name' cinder thought. Then once they got into town she found an inn.

"One night is 10 lein, 15 lein for breakfast and dinner." The inn keeper said, so she put 60 down for 4 day's. And slinked away with her and ruby. "It ain't much but it's something i guess. What do you think ruby?" The baby said "Oooh?" Cinder smiled "That's a good outlook kiddo!"

She liked this ruby girl! always agreeing with her! "Now let's see if we can't change that disgusting smelling diaper." The event would forever disgust the pseudo teen mom. However her semblance allowed her to incinerate the waste so it was gone forever at least! Then the baby started squealing at the sight of fire "Oh? You're not afraid of my semblance? Well then what if i... get you!" She tickeld the squealing baby while making scary faces, laughing at her little Pyro gems excitability.