𝕐𝕠𝕦 ℍ𝕖𝕝𝕡 𝔾𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕝𝕥

"Thank you, dear."

Zola says, smiling as she takes the egg basket from me.

"You're most welcome, Miss Zola."

I say, sending her a smile of my own. She goes off to put them away and I busy myself with prepping everything for breakfast.

Since Geralt saved me once again just over a month ago, he brought me to the nearest residence, it being a farm owned by a Merchant named Yurga and his Wife Zola (The one that saved Geralt from the Ghoul bite).

They happily took me in and I've worked on the farm eversince in exchange for a bed and a meal. I adored Zola and she, me.

"Yurga shall be returning very soon. We'll wait for him and have breakfast together."

Zola smiles excitedly and I nod. Fortunately, Geralt found a Healer in the nearest town over and got me some more herbs.

He said something about finding his Child Surprise, but, was very vague given my experience with the subject. That was a month ago. I haven't seen him since.

"Can you hand me the milk, dear?"

Zola asks, dragging me from my thoughts. I nod and reach for the milk, handing it to her.

Suddenly, the sound of horse hoofs came from outside and Zola smiled happily, wiping her hands on her apron before rushing outside.

When I finally make it outside, I see Zola and Yurga embracing while looking at a figure in the distance.

"Mr Yurga? Who was that?"

He turns upon hearing my voice and sends me a small smile.

"That, my child, was the Witcher that saved my life. I suspect he'll be back. We'll have an ale waiting for him. Come. Back inside."

He says, taking his Wife's hand and leading her back inside.

A Witcher? It couldn't be... Could it?

With a sigh, I head back inside.

🐺

The night quickly came and still no sign of The Witcher. I wondered if Geralt was indeed the Witcher in question.

However, the longer I sat alone in silence, the longer I thought otherwise.

"Help! Please!"

I frown and immediately stand from the chair to get to a window.

A young girl with ash blonde hair and a blue cloak was struggling to get a man to the house.

Not just any man... Geralt.

I gasp and rush outside. She looks relieved when she sees me.

I quickly get over to them and catch Geralt just as he slips from the girls grasp.

"Geralt? Geralt, can you hear me? What happened?"

I ask the girl when I don't get a reply from Geralt.

"H-he has a bite... O-on his leg."

She says, stammering. My eyes widen and I look down, seeing a nasty bite wound on his leg.

"Okay, we need to get him inside."

I tell her and she nods and between us, we manage to get him into the house and onto the sofa.

"What's your name?"

I ask her as I busy myself with getting the herbs I need to help Geralt.

"Ciri. Will those help him?"