Prologue

Swell- I'm sorry is now playing

"Mother I brought you some more herbs for the illness." A girl with white hair and beautiful light blue eyes wearing a simple dark blue kimono entered a room with a woman inside most likely her mother who was resting on a futon gently smiling at her daughter.

"Oh, more medicine?" The mother said continuing to smile while looking at her daughter. The girl smiled back while nodding and proceeds to prepare the medicine and give the new liquid to her mother.

"Of course mother I want you to feel better as soon as possible." The girl replies waiting patiently for her mother to finish the liquid after a few seconds of pure silence the mother finishes the liquid while giving back the bowl she looks serious but continues to give a gentle smile.

"Dewdrop I need to tell you something," The girl's mother said with a serious tone the girl seemed confused since the girl's mother's mood seem to change in a matter of seconds.

"Yes, mother?" the young girl's mother was saying something very confusing, what was so important that she needed to tell her was it about her mother's age, maybe something else, though she doesn't know the mother seems to be looking at her daughter with very sincere eyes, she didn't want to hurt her, not one bit maybe, however, maybe she was saying something very truthful that the daughter never wanted to hear at her mother's voice, her very, very soft.

"Dewdrop I'm dying. And you know it yet you still try. " the girl didn't believe what she was hearing, she didn't want to hear this, she thought her mother was just kidding, maybe some sort of sick joke to brighten up the mood, but that didn't seem to be the case. Maybe she was right, no, that can't be right, she can live, she just needed to try harder, maybe to save her mother from the illness that she had succumbed to.

"Darling, you know, this is true, you just want to deny it, I know this happened to me before, but I need to tell you something before I go. Are you ready to hear it?" the daughter couldn't believe what she was hearing her mother is already about to succumb to death in a matter of years, this couldn't be right, she could just try harder to find better herbs so that she can save her mother from whatever illness, this is she couldn't, and she knew.

"Do you want to hear a secret," her mother said, with a serious voice, she didn't want to hear this secret, not one bit, but she would listen just for her mother, the only person that stayed in her life so far.

"Did you know that demons exist, I bet you didn't know that dewdrop? I do have to say they are frightening creatures, they have such different abilities, they can regenerate when with such objects that can kill any human with ease, so if you ever encounter a demon, make sure you have a nitchirin blade to slice off the head clean off, never, I and mean show weakness towards the demon, they all know everything if you show even a tiny bit of weakness." the mother stated with a very serious voice that seems hard to believe with a normal voice, of course, but the daughter didn't believe this, demons existed, she could never believe this, but nitchirin blade did exist, and demons are just unreal creatures they couldn't be alive right?

"But I don't want me holding you back I want you to be a demon slayer, but for you to be a demon slayer you have to go through years of training you are just 8 years after all, and yet act like an adult." The mother said with a tart voice once more acting like what she said was easy the daughter was silent processing all this information,

"Yes mother I'll do this as your dying wish!" the girl yelled with tears coming out of her beautiful light blue eyes the mother smiled while laying down closing her eyes and succumbing to death with open arms. The girl cried for hours slowly taking her mother outside of the cabin and burying the woman after countless minutes of mourning she finally gets up burns a light purple flower and places it on the grave her mother says the flower was called wisteria her mother always love the smell saying it'll protect them against monsters, she figured it is for demons.

While getting she began to gather a few extensions, food, water, and clothes. Then she noticed a beautiful haori under the futon her mother slept on, it had a blue hue with light-colored jellyfish near the edge of the haori. Maybe her mother wanted to give it to her.

"I'll cherish this forever

"I'll cherish this forever." The girl said to herself and began to head out of the forest where she and her mother were living in.

This was the beginning of Ameno Arashi's story.