The first night

"Fuck fuck FUCK" was all Richie Tozier could think as tears stung his eyes a cold fear clamped on his lungs making him gasp for air. The night terrors. They were back.

Sticky, clammy sweat clung to his back and brow as he dragged his body up and into a sitting position. He knew himself well enough to know that he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep. Not with those bright yellow eyes and maniacal laugh haunting his dreams. Dragging a hand through his sweat dampened bangs as he sat on the edge of his bed he decided to go and shower. Wanting to rid his body and from the clammy sweat and twisted sheets that stuck to his legs. And so he found himself trudging to the bathroom, not even grabbing his glasses. Once there he quickly flipped the light switch on and discarded his over sized Pink Floyde t-shirt and boxer shorts.

After setting the shower on the hottest setting he could he stepped in, letting a hiss of pain out but didn't move away from the torrent of water. He grabbed the pink loofa his mom had bought him for Christmas last year and squirted some 2 in 1 wash on it before aggressively scrubbing his skin. He didn't understand how or why he was having those dreams again especially after so many years. But what he did know is that if he didn't scrub that feeling of fear, and the god awful memories from his skin and mind he'd scream.

Once his pale skin was turned a bright pink and the icy grip of fear subsided he turned off the shower and stepped out onto the fluffy bath mat. While drying himself off he considered his options:
A. Try and go back to sleep as it was 4 am
B. Go eat some froot loops and watch Vox Machina
C. Play Deftones and read a comic book
D. Try calling one of the Losers and see if they experienced the same thing.

After some consideration, curiosity and the wish for company won out so he decided on option D and called the one most likely to be up at this hour and his best friend. Eddie Kaspbrak, or how he would refer to him "Eddie Spaghetti".

He wrapped his towel around his waist smugly before softly padding out of the smothering hot bathroom and back into his room. Grabbing a Slip Knot hoodie and a clean pair of boxers. He slipped into his clothes and then proceeded to call Eddie, who of course, was under the contact "Eddie Spaghetti 🍝😈". The phone rang through a couple times before a confused and familiar voice came out of it.

"Richie?" The voice asked, clearly not expecting to be called at 4 am, much less by Mr. "I'm not getting up before noon", "Richie is something wrong? Why the fuck are you calling at 4 am"

"Uh hey Ed's, it's nothing really, I just had the weirdest dream and was wondering if you did too." Now feeling a bit dumb for thinking that anyone else would share his night terror he blushed.

"What a coincidence I actually did have a weird dream, woke up at 3 am because of it. Totally fucked up my sleep schedule." Eddie muttered the last part with obvious frustration gaining a soft chuckle from Richie.

"I can think of much funner ways to fuck up your sleep sched-"

"Richie that's disgusting!" Eddie exclaimed trying to keep down the laugh that was trying to bubbling up, "also it's 'more fun' not 'funner'."

"Whatever you say Mr. Grammar police" Richie replied with one of his melodramatic voices before switching back, "you doing anything right now?"

"No, why?"

"You should come over then, it is a Saturday." Richie suggested, elongating the "is" for emphasis.

"You know my mother would rather shit herself then let me out at 4 am in the morning. I mean it's still dark out." Eddie attempted reasoning, though he already suspected it was a lost cause. He could never say no to Richie.

"So? Sneak out through your window or something."

There was a good 20 second pause as Eddie considered, mainly for pretenses, before finally replying with, "ok... but if I get caught I'm blaming you."

"WOOO HOOOO" the connection crackled as Richie let out an excited whoop, he didn't have to worry about waking his parents either as they were both gone on another work trip. "My parents aren't home so we won't have to worry about that, I'll leave the door unlocked so you can just come in though"

"Aight, I'll be there in 15" Eddie only lived about a block or 2 away so travel method and time wasn't an issue.

"Ok see you soon Eddie Spaghetti"

"Didn't I tell you not to call me that?" Eddie more stated in a fake scolding voice.

"Well you also told me to stop fucking your mom and-"

"Goodbye." Eddie cut him off before he could finish.

And with that he hung up leaving Richie grinning in excitement and at how cute his Ed's was.

Wait, my Ed's?? Richie shook his head, no he's not my Ed's, we aren't together. For some reason that left a pang of longing in his chest but choosing to ignore it he set his phone down and went to unlock the front door.

Deciding Eddie probably hasn't had breakfast yet he went to his kitchen and got a couple of bowls out, along with the Froot Loops and the box of pop tarts. He would let Eddie decide on what he wanted.

Realizing how suddenly nervous he was about his best friend coming over he went to put on deodorant and put his shaggy hair into a man bun.

Now I'm sure as the readers you all know why Richie is so nervous but he's a bit too dense to understand it himself. I mean why he would he be nervous at the thought of his best friend who he thought was adorable coming over while he was home alone. But back to our story.

Richie busied himself with tidying his room up as he impatiently waited, for some reason not wanting Eddie to see his dirty clothes strewn about the floor. He considered putting pants on but deciding that would be weirdly formal for 4:15 am he didn't. Finally satisfied with the state of things he went to the living room to turn on the TV, flipping to Bobs Burgers. As soon as he sat down though, a creak shuddered through the house. Signaling his Ed's had arrived.

Hey guys I just want to let you know that there will probably be weed in this fic so if that bothers you then just be wary. Also I'm a bit rusty at writing fiction so bare with me here. Shockingly in freshman Honors English they only have us write essays and poetry.

Also last fyi they're sophomores in this, simply because how tf do you write a relationship between 11 yr olds? 💀