walking you home.

lowercase intended <3

tara carpenter was never a big fan of large crowds.

she liked being in a quiet space, away from most things. usually the one person who would always be in that quiet space with her was amber freeman.

wherever amber goes, tara went. the two girls were like lovesick puppies.

in this instance, amber was nowhere to be seen. the two girls along with their other friends had attended a typical high school party, her friends had begged for tara to come. how could she say no to the people she loved most?

it was almost 11 pm, tara was sitting on a couch in a crowded basement, not one recognizable face in her presence.

eventually she sat up and made her way out of the basement. as tough as it was, she made it out and immediately looked for amber without thinking about it. it was like an instinct for her.

she found liv and chad playing beer pong with most of the football players.

"hey, liv, have you seen amber?" she asked hopefully over the loud music, yelling, and laughing.

"i don't know, sorry-" liv answered, she was to invested in this game to pay attention to anything else anyways.

tara rolled her eyes and walked into the backyard. she scanned the whole area, no sign of anyone. she turned her back and bumped into—

"tara!" amber said, a bit startled. "oh, amber.." tara sighed in relief. "i couldn't find you anywhere, i asked liv where you were and she didn't know so i came out here to look for you and then..." tara was cut off. "hey.. it's fine, alright? im here now aren't i?" amber smiled sweetly.

her smile sent tara into a frenzy, nothing new. tara always knew she had strong feelings towards amber but she never knew how powerful they could be.

before tara could say anything, amber saw right through her. "wanna get out of here?" amber asked, she placed a hand on her shoulder.

"yes please..." tara replied, she smiled back at amber and they both walked out hand in hand. "hey, liv, we're out." amber said. of course liv and chad were way to invested in the game to even realize their two friends were even standing next to them, so the girls just left after they got no response.

amber and tara were a few feet away from the house, walking on the sidewalk together. they could still hear the loud music booming through the neighborhood.

amber felt the touch of taras hand against hers, both of the girls heating up. usually when they were both together, the silences were comfortable and they didn't feel the need to talk. but this time, it was different.

"your hands are soft." amber blurted out, not thinking twice about what she had said. taras face was an even brighter shade of red, if that was even possible.

tara chuckled and looked up at amber, amber looked down at her.

they both stopped in the sidewalk, facing each other, both hands still collided.

tara slowly stood up on her tip toes and pressed her lips against ambers. tara smiling through the kiss.

they both slowly leaned out, foreheads touching. both of them giggled at the sight of their faces so close together.

if tara could ever replay a moment in her life, she would've replayed this exact moment.

bye this is so bad but i miss my girls so here we are ill get some better ideas soon lolll