Devotion | James Potter

Face Claim: Madison Beer

OC Name: Lyra Black

Love Interest: James Potter

Timeline: Marauders era

Status: Available 

Description: 

𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐲𝐫𝐚 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬, 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭.

❝It's unbelievable how oblivious two people can be to each other's feelings.❞ James said, finally taking his eyes off of hers and looking towards the distance.

Lyra's eyes scanned his face, from his brown eyebrows to his hazel eyes, down to the five freckles on his cheeks, all the way to his lips. Her eyes lingered there longer. ❝Yeah,❞ she breathed and it felt like all of the air in her lungs had escaped. ❝Unbelievable.❞

Notes: 

-Lyra is Sirius' cousin, sister of Bellatrix, Narcissa, and Andromeda.

-She can be in any house (probably not Gryffindor, but honestly up to you)

-When they were younger Sirius, Regulus, and her use to be Besties, but as they got a little bit older their mothers forced them to not mess around like they always use to so they all drifted apart. 

-Narcissa and Bellatrix were always cold and distant, Bella was eight years older, and Cissa four. But Andromeda was nice sometimes. She would sneak into her bedroom before she fell asleep and read to her story tales when she was young.

-Lyra entered Hogwarts the same year that Sirius did. 

-In her first year, Lyra begins to believe that Muggleborns and what her parents called 'Bloodtraitors' weren't horrible like she had been brought up to believe. And so she decideds that she doesn't care about blood purity anymore.

-possibly even befriends a muggleborn, who helps her realize her family's prejudice?

-Third year is when stuff starts happening. Andromeda has just graduated and ran off with a muggleborn wizard and so Lyra's parents were on full alert.

-maybe Lyra had just come back after sneaking off to hang out with her Muggleborn friend, and was met with Narcissa when she entered the Slytherin common room. She was not happy.

-after that, she had to be a lot more careful with sneaking out.

-Sirius and her met more after that summer, they bonded over making fun of their stuffy family (who Lyra had really started to hate after getting numerous howlers from her parents since Narcissa had snitched about her muggleborn friend)

-And, who knows, maybe even Sirius was starting to think that she wasn't so bad... for a Black and one of his family members, of course.

-Lyra doesn't start hanging out with cousin and his friends (AKA the Marauders) until Fourth year.

-They (Sirius) invite her to sit with them during the train ride to Hogwarts, and although it's awkward at first, after the first couple games of Exploding Snap they're all a lot more at ease. And Lyra's friendship with the marauders blossoms from that.

-James and Lyra friendship flows kind of naturally, together they are the biggest wolfstar shippers ever

-have multiple bets on them, and always trying to interfere with Sirius' and Remus' relationship to win those bets.

-James is like golden light, pure and innocent with a mischievous glint in his eyes, he's tall and muscular and kind and happy. If he was to be compared to a color it would be pure unflitered gold. And Lyra (How I See Her) has black hair and dark lipstick, dark curled eyelashes and is just a little closed off to other people. She's short and small and would easily be compared to the color black. And Yet They were the same in heart.

-Lyra's the opposite of Lily, and she never believes that James could ever like her in the 'like like' sense, because of how different she is to his past crush.

-Lyra sneaks into the Gryffindor common room all the time, but no one ever says anything. mostly because if James and Sirius and Remus and Peter (AKA the most popular people in school, the kind that call all the shots) are the ones sneaking her in, then they're mouths are automatically tied shut.

-James is literally blind as a bat, and Lyra l o v e s making fun of him for it, and stealing his glasses

-Cold nights on top of chilly towers and talking, breathing out in the cold air and watching their breath become visible.

-sharing secrets, while being so completely intertwined with the others body while cuddling on top of those towers in the dead of winter

-Lyra gets disowned in 6th year summer. James possibly tries to convince her stay with him... Maybe she does? Maybe she stays with her muggleborn friend?

-being obvlious to the other's feeling while completely acting like a couple 24/7

-James: "You know, I wonder why everyone keeps thinking we're a couple,"

*Lyra: sitting on James' lap while running her hands through his hair*

"I know right,"

-The most unlikely couple, but somehow just works.

-Catching snowflakes on their tounges and admiring the other that's busy gazing towards the sky

-They don't realize their feelings for each other until it's kinda late.

-Christmas of 6th year for Lyra

-Summer before 7th year for James

-and they definitely don't confess to each other before 7th year begins, but they spend every single living minute together to make up for it

-suddenly they've become Hogwarts favorite couple

-Lyra loves dark shades of lipstick and James loves kissing her, The result:

-Lyra: "James, hold still! Let me just wipe it off!"

James: "I can't! It tickles!"

Lyra: "Shut up, do you really want to face your mate's with crimson lipstick on your lips?"

James: "I don't know... I think I'd look good..."

*Cue Lyra rolling her eyes* "You're intolerable."

-They don't argue much. It's like they understand each other entirely in every aspect, and they don't need to talk much; they work together perfectly, almost like they share the same brain cell (which they probably do, but it'd definitely Lyra's)

-Favorite T-Shirt by Jake Scott (their theme song honestly^)

-They love hard and they love strong and nothing could conquer the feeling of their love for each other

-Lyra would die for James and James would do the same

-since I literally cannot do sad endings, Im going to imagine it as a happy ending, but if you want, you can choose if as a sad ending (*subdued crying noises*)

-Lyra makes it a point to sneak out and see Andromeda after she got married. More so when Andromeda got pregnant so she could help her.

-When Nymphadora (or as we know her, Tonks) gets born, Lyra is named godmother.

-Has a deathly fear of heights and has barely ever ridden a broom (until 7th year....you can guess who made her do it)

-She helps Sirius when he realized he was gay and liked Remus