A Simple Diamond Drop Earring

Liliana's POV:
'I can't believe I let Care change my mind about going to the ball the new family in Mystic Falls is throwing tonight....what was there name again... The Mikaelsons?' I think with a sigh as I apply the last of my make-up to my face to finish my appearance.

Quickly putting away my make-up and my hair appliances as well as the hair products I look up into my bathroom mirror and take in my appearance for the 7th time that hour. My make-up was nothing too over the top, all I had was natural brown eyeshadow done in a smoky-eye detail with black eyeliner done in a simple classic thin flick, a little bit of black mascara to bring out my storm blue eyes and lastly my lips were covered in a classic red lipstick with a little bit of gloss on top to add a bit of shine. I then quickly checked my hair. It was nothing complicated. My chocolate brown hair was pulled back into a simple messy bun which showed a few of my honey/ caramel gold highlights that were usually blended in with the rest of my hair.

After looking over my face to see if I needed to add or fix anything, I finally decided that I looked presentable. Leaving my bathroom I walked over to my bed where my dress for tonight's event was laying in its dress bag. I had gotten my dress that day after I gave into Caroline's compliance saying that I should go to the ball with her since Klaus invited her as his date.

See I was one of the few people who knew about all the supernatural crap going on in this small little town we call home. But I was fairly new to all of it since I only found out when I found Caroline drinking out of a blood bag behind the school during lunch time about a month ago. You would think a normal person would freak out and be scared but I didn't seem to be fazed by Care drinking out of a blood bag.

I was actually very understanding since I always had this feeling that humans weren't the only beings living in the world. Caroline was very shocked when she didn't see me freaking out about her drinking from a blood bag that she decided to tell that she was a vampire and about all the supernatural beings here in Mystic Falls including who was a vampire, werewolf, witch or hybrid. I also became part of their small little gang even though it took awhile for everyone to accept me since I was human. But also from that day forward I and Care became close friends, I would listen to her problems, she would then ask for my opinion on it and I would answer her honestly.

Most of her problems though were about one particular hybrid or should I say Original Hybrid, Klause, trying to win her over.

Which was why I was being dragged to go to the ball with her tonight, so she wouldn't be alone with him. Since Elena will be going with the Salvatore's, Matt going with Rebekah, Tyler was not in town for the time being since he was trying to break the sire bond to Klaus and Bonnie... I had no clue about....so I was left to play the third wheel with Caroline since she didn't want to be left alone with him.

Leaving my depressing thoughts behind, I lean over my bed and open the dress bag to pull out my dress. See I was always a girl who liked things to be simple and classic. So as I see it my dress was nothing too extravagant like the ball dresses that all the girls wear when attending an event here in Mystic Falls. No matter if it's for a founders party or like know a ball.

My dress was a simple slim fitting, sleeveless, high neck, silver detailed dress that was covered in clear diamond-like beads in different sizes. But the only thing I would say was not simple was the back of the dress, which was a low cut open back. Which had a strap going across that was just under my arms and a diagonal cutout that looked like a rectangle that cut in half on the top.

Even though the dress was detailed with beads and an open back the dress still looked classic, sophisticated but most of all simple. Putting my dress on I finished off my outfit with a pair of simple diamond drop earrings, a small silver chained bracelet that had a single clear diamond charm hanging off it and a pair of silver pump plate-form heels.